Do they sound any different?
Which is the best for if you want a full folk sound?
They all sound different.

Bone or ivory would be your best bet as far as tone goes. Also consider graphite.

Plastic is cheap and resonates poorly.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i use graphite its not too expensive and i can really tell the difference in the sustain. i love it and will never use plastic again. only thing is is that you have to use nut butter more then usual and i dont know if its just me or my guitar but it seems like i go through strings like crazy ( dont know if thats the nut or just the amount of playing that i do)
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
i use graphtech string saver saddles on my prs custom 22. compared to the nickel/brass saddles it used to use they have a very slightly more hollow (stratty) kind of sound to them. i personally like them a lot. the nut is also made of the same material although that came as part of the guitar.

i also have an ibanz with a steel nut and saddles but the guitar plain sucks in comparison to the prs so i cant tell you much about it.

to the guy above me, i also go through strings like crazy but these saddles have reduced the number of strings i go through. if we are talking about the same saddles (mine are graphite + teflon), they shouldnt need lubricating at all.
Last edited by TheFunkyAvocado at Dec 22, 2009,