i just bought the bugera 333xl and i just noticed that the knob section of the amp is really hot, especially the reverb, presence and master section
the tubes are pretty far could they be causing the heat?
this is my first tube so i dont know much and a very novice question, r the tubes supposed to light up after being played? i played for about an hour on low vol
Last edited by sebaimans at Dec 22, 2009,
The tubes should light up as soon as you turn the amp on. As far as the front of the amp getting hot...not sure really My amp gets hot after awhile.
how hot is hot and how bright is bright?

I ask because there have been issues with poor bias on these tubes out of the factory. Do you know how old the amp is Exactly?

What do the power tubes (the big ones) look like when the amp is on? If they are real bright you have a problem.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
how hot is hot and how bright is bright?

I ask because there have been issues with poor bias on these tubes out of the factory. Do you know how old the amp is Exactly?

What do the power tubes (the big ones) look like when the amp is on? If they are real bright you have a problem.

No 2 orange not so bright lights on each power tube.
and im not sure about the age or bias

is there a thread for tube amp noobs do u know?
I would contact the store where you bought the amp and describe the condition and ask them what they recommend.
Quote by sebaimans
No 2 orange not so bright lights on each power tube.
and im not sure about the age or bias

is there a thread for tube amp noobs do u know?

That sounds perfectly normal, the heating up knobs doesn't. I would take it to a tech just to check the connections, seems like your bias is fine, just might be some wiring issues causing a heat discharge near or on the metal plate at the front of your amp. Another thing to look at would be taking off those bars on the front of your 333xl as well.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Well wehre the master reverb and presence is the transformer.. if that helps.
Mine doesnt get hot there but it does get fricken hot where the tubes are.
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String