I just recently got my ps3 slim, and i was wondering i have HD cables, but every time i put a game it, its usually not HD the only game that is for me is, madden 10 and COD, but when I try playing NHL it doesnt go hd? can someone help me out here please thanks.
No just the red blue and green cables. well the game is blue-ray so i would assume the game is HD
Quote by KIMBOslice09
No just the red blue and green cables. well the game is blue-ray so i would assume the game is HD

You need an HDMI cable and an HD tv to get HD.
edgy meems only friendo :^)
I have HD Cables, I have an HD TV 1080i I bought them, most of my games are in HD, expect for NHL. so why is that?
The red blue and green cables don't give you full HD. Only an HDMI cable can give you full HD. How do you know that the games are in HD? Does it come up with a Notification saying "Game currently in HD"?
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Quote by KIMBOslice09
I have HD Cables, I have an HD TV 1080i I bought them, most of my games are in HD, expect for NHL. so why is that?

If it's Red Blue and Green component Cables, it's not HD. Go to futureshop and ask for an HDMI cord.
I'm not sure what you mean, but go to game options, see if there's a quality selector, select hd.

Edit: nvm, you need to splurge around 30 bucks for a cheap hdmi cable.
Last edited by stratkat at Dec 23, 2009,
what do u mean "not in hd"? do u mean it has black bars on the sides and its all blurry, or the fact that its 720 and not in 1080. most ps3 games are only 720, some even lower. few games are in full 1080.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC