I just recently found out about Them Crooked Vultures and The Dirty Mac and was wondering if there were any other awesome rock supergroups out there? Can anybody tell me some?
Limp Bizkit isn't a supergroup lol A "supergroup" is when musicians from different bands join together and make a band. Such as the ones I mentioned....Them Crooked Vultures is Dave Grohl, the bassist from led zeppelin, guitarist from queens of the stone age. The Dirty Mac is a one time thing where Eric Clapton, John Lennon, Keith Richards, and Mitch Mitchell. Bands like that
Quote by anthsband
Limp Bizkit isn't a supergroup lol A "supergroup" is when musicians from different bands join together and make a band. Such as the ones I mentioned....Them Crooked Vultures is Dave Grohl, the bassist from led zeppelin, guitarist from queens of the stone age. The Dirty Mac is a one time thing where Eric Clapton, John Lennon, Keith Richards, and Mitch Mitchell. Bands like that

Did I ruin your day?
Quote by JacobTheMe
Did I ruin your day?

A Perfect Circle - MJK, James Iha... and some other people
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Velvet Revolver - Slash, Matt Sorum, Duff McKagan, Dave Kushner, Scott Weiland. Pretty good.

Chickenfoot - Sammy Hagar, Chad Smith, Satch, and someone else. Not so great, but worth a listen.

Cream is another good one.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Quote by anthsband

Oh man
Quote by JacobTheMe
Did I ruin your day?

No...did that really come off as angry? haha
audioslave was pretty good, they really had potential im disappointed they only got to get 3 albums out (even though that IS a lot of material)

chickenfoot was a disapointment, i thought soap on a rope was catchy but everything was meh

them crooked vultures im digging a lot, its taking a little bit to grow on me since im not the biggest josh homme fan but its decent

those are the top three i can immediately think about, but from all the supergroups that have come out audioslave was definately the best IMO
NOPE
Quote by anthsband
No...did that really come off as angry? haha

Psst, when he said "Limp Bizkit", he was joking. We all know what a supergroup is.

And +10000000000000 to the guy who said The Raconteurs
Alter Bridge
Quote by dmtransmutation
What the Grunge-haters think is just mindless musical nonsense, in reality is the restoration of the old rule of harmony to not write an entire song in one tonality/key
Quote by Nakon14
audioslave was pretty good, they really had potential im disappointed they only got to get 3 albums out (even though that IS a lot of material)

chickenfoot was a disapointment, i thought soap on a rope was catchy but everything was meh

them crooked vultures im digging a lot, its taking a little bit to grow on me since im not the biggest josh homme fan but its decent

those are the top three i can immediately think about, but from all the supergroups that have come out audioslave was definately the best IMO

A fellow Pittsburghian!I live in Greensburg though but close enough. Go Pens! Yeah...chickenfoot was a complete waste of theirs and our time. TCV is so unique I'm really liking it considering I just heard them the first time a couple hours ago. I hated Audioslave haha
Quote by crazy8rgood
Psst, when he said "Limp Bizkit", he was joking. We all know what a supergroup is.

And +10000000000000 to the guy who said The Raconteurs

Hey man ya never know sometimes haha
Velvet Revolver, Chickenfoot, Alter Bridge, Cream, some say Led Zeppelin are one.
UG's AC/DC Lover
Queens of the Stone Age is one sorta. Troy van Leeuwen was in A Perfect Circle for awhile, they had Dave Grohl play drums on an album, Mark Lannegan from Screaming Trees and Gutter Twins sang on an album, and the drummer Joey Castillo was in Danzig for a bit. The Dead Weather is a good one too.
Quote by qotsa1998
Queens of the Stone Age is one sorta. Troy van Leeuwen was in A Perfect Circle for awhile, they had Dave Grohl play drums on an album, Mark Lannegan from Screaming Trees and Gutter Twins sang on an album, and the drummer Joey Castillo was in Danzig for a bit. The Dead Weather is a good one too.

How do you forget to mention Josh Homme and Kyuss when talking about people who are in QotSA?
I'd say by favorites are Audioslave, Them Crooked Vultures, and Velvet Revolver.

Audioslave's 3 albums are amazing, Them Crooked Vultures' album is sounding pretty good [currently listening], and Velvet Revolver's 2 were alright.

I didn't like Chickenfoot.
i wouldnt really consider alter bridge nor audioslave to be "supergroups". they are both bands with a new singer, name and style... happens all the time.

i would say probot, stone sour, a perfect circle, and cream.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Stone sour is definately not a supergroup, they were together before Slipknot was, and would Probot count since every song had a different singer?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
That one with Neil Fallon in it... I dont know what it is. When it comes to his voice I just sit back, listen and have a MANGASM!!!!
...In my opinion.
Quote by Msu_Man04
I'd say by favorites are Audioslave, Them Crooked Vultures, and Velvet Revolver.

Audioslave's 3 albums are amazing, Them Crooked Vultures' album is sounding pretty good [currently listening], and Velvet Revolver's 2 were alright.

I didn't like Chickenfoot.

Agreed. The first time I heard one of their songs I was bored to death.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
probot

Ehn, I'd say Probot is more Grohl-and-guests than a supergroup.
Actually this was just an excuse to say the name. Probot, Probot, Probot.

Does Mr. Big count as a supergroup?