I'm talking anout floyds like those from kramer or jackson. What brand makes the best? I heard the ESP special is good, but I'm not sure.
Ive had my jackson for almost a year and I havent had a tuning problem, like never lol So far its been good though
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Best = subjective. Anyway Caparison use Schaller bridges so they're very good. Same with Mayones guitars as well.
The ESP/LTD FR-1000 and Special are the best from what I've tried. They're made to the exact spec of the OFR and to the best of my knowledge they're the only Floyds on the market, apart from the OFR of course, that doesn't have to use the word 'licensed' to describe them; they're as official as an OFR. In terms of actual construction, the FR-1000 is exactly the same as an OFR except the OFR is cast in Germany while the FR-1000 is cast in Korea (using the same machines though; the only difference is the nationality of the person operating the machine, and you would have to be pretty racists to think a Korean guy can't operate a machine as well as a German guy). The FR Special is the same as the FR-1000 only it has a cheaper, thinner zinc sustain block instead of a full steel block.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I dunno, my guitar has some cheap import LFR on it. But it holds tuning perfectly well.
But here is a video to help you out. You should check his channel out as well, he has a ton of interesting and helpful videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwGcY6T4xHc
Im a say Ernieball Music Man because they use gotohs...lol Other than that I think most of them are ok, except the edge III's I have heard they suck, and apparently they were made so that it would slowly fall apart and would require one to put more money into the tremolo system... Also ones that have bare bone licensed tremolos the ones that are schaller style and normally have chrome fine tuners, they arn't that great, kinda depends more on how well it was fitted to the guitar, because eventually all tremolos get some wear, some just so happen to last a little longer...
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Jackson makes a very solid LFR, along with Peavy and Ping. I've heard great things about the ESP ones previously mentioned as well.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I've been abusing my Jackson LFR (JT580 low profile) for over a year now, still holds tune very well. When I say "abusing", I really mean ABUSING!

Haven't tried too many other LFRs, but what I've heard the ESP/LTD Special and FR-1000 (compare to Jacksons FRT-O2000?) they should be awesome.
Gear:

Eastone ST-1
Jackson RR3 Limited Edition
Kustom Arrow 16
Line 6 POD X3 Live
The Box MA-120 MK-II
My Jackson has a FRT-O2000 which is an exact copy of the German mande ones, as someone mentioned above. It doesn't even say LFR it just says Floyd Rose.

Been a very good trem so far, but I also know what I am doing with them.

FWIW...I never had any issues with the Edge III on my Ibanez either, although the FRT-O2000 does seem more sturdy.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by littlephil
Ibanez Edge/Lo Pro

I would add ZR to that list too, thought its technically not an LFR, its still a double locking trem, and whilst it differs in feel to an OFR, ZR's are definately one of the best trems made..........
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
i have had my jackson WRMG for over 5 years, and it has a licenced FR, i have never changed the springs or anything and it still stays in tune ALL the time, never had a problem.
Cort double locking tremolos (II and III) are pretty good, i use them and they never go out of tune
And also, the double locking II is routed to fit an OFR
While the designations for some of the FR-1000, FRT-O2000 and so on can get a little confusing, they aren't LFRs, they're official Floyd Rose products. As far as I know they're Korean made rather than German like the OFR is, and therefore are a bit cheaper. So they're usually put on upper-mid range guitars, while companies reserve the Schaller made OFR for the really top stuff. From what I hear they're good trems.

As for the Licensed FRs the best are the Schaller LFR (the same company that makes the OFR), and the Gotoh. The Gotoh is usually considered to be really good bang-for-your-buck, since it's relatively cheap for its quality.

As for the Ibanez trems, I'm not really sure which ones are LFRs and which ones have sufficiently different designs to not count as one. Plus I don't really know enough about them to pass judgement anyway.

The only cheaper LFR that I know much about is the JT580LP that Jackson put on their mid range guitars. In the Japanese made Pro and MG series, the bolt on models get the JT580LP, while the much more expensive neck throughs get an FRT-O2000. The JT580LP is a good, solid reliable trem that you shouldn't have any problems with. I've only had mine for just over a year, but it has worked absolutely fine.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
While the designations for some of the FR-1000, FRT-O2000 and so on can get a little confusing, they aren't LFRs, they're official Floyd Rose products. As far as I know they're Korean made rather than German like the OFR is, and therefore are a bit cheaper. So they're usually put on upper-mid range guitars, while companies reserve the Schaller made OFR for the really top stuff. From what I hear they're good trems.

As for the Licensed FRs the best are the Schaller LFR (the same company that makes the OFR), and the Gotoh. The Gotoh is usually considered to be really good bang-for-your-buck, since it's relatively cheap for its quality.

This! I would also add Ping to that list too. Schaller, Gotoh and Ping.
Quote by MrFlibble
The ESP/LTD FR-1000 and Special are the best from what I've tried. They're made to the exact spec of the OFR and to the best of my knowledge they're the only Floyds on the market, apart from the OFR of course, that doesn't have to use the word 'licensed' to describe them; they're as official as an OFR. In terms of actual construction, the FR-1000 is exactly the same as an OFR except the OFR is cast in Germany while the FR-1000 is cast in Korea (using the same machines though; the only difference is the nationality of the person operating the machine, and you would have to be pretty racists to think a Korean guy can't operate a machine as well as a German guy). The FR Special is the same as the FR-1000 only it has a cheaper, thinner zinc sustain block instead of a full steel block.

Yep - Flibble's right, folks.

Anyway... The Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge and Edge original are amazing.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.