I wanna improve my lead chops some, since I'm mostly just a rhythm player, and I've always been fascinated by blues solos. Trouble is, whenever I hear them, I can't remember the artist. Can anyone suggest me some good bluesy solos to learn?
maybe some BB King to get you started, then move on to more difficult solos as you go i guess. Wrong forum by the way :P
RIG
Guitars:
Fender American Strat
Carvin Bolt
Aria Fa 71
Epiphone Les Paul
Yamaha FG700S

Amps:
Hughes and Kettner Trilogy Half Stack
Marshall MG *hides*

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby
Led Zeppelin, ZZ Top, Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix, Warren Haynes, Cream, Derek Trucks, SRV, BB King, Albert King, and if your feeling brave, Joe Bonamassa

(Cream>Eric Clapton solo)
I am the only sane person on the planet. Does that make me crazy?

Crank the Mids
Quote by Bluesy...

Truer words, they have never been spoken.
Why don't you do your own? Start with improvising with the pentatonic and work your way up. Listen to Hendrix, King, etc. You'll get a good feel for that kind of playing. Soon you'll be able shell out your own awesome solos.

Edit: How is this in the wrong forum? You can post whatever you want in the pit.

When in doubt, post in the pit. Yeah, it doesn't rhyme. Get over it.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Dec 23, 2009,
Stevie Ray Vaughan?
Buddy Guy?
Eric Clapton?
Duane Allman/Dicky Betts (The Allman Brothers)?
Jimmy Page?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Tbh, blues solos are usually improvised. it seems abit weird to learn a blues solo, hendrix always had such jammy songs
Yeah, they were almost always improvised. Though it always helps to learn licks from them.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Last edited by AntiG3 at Dec 23, 2009,
Quote by Bluesy...
Led Zeppelin, ZZ Top, Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix, Warren Haynes, Cream, Derek Trucks, SRV, BB King, Albert King, and if your feeling brave, Joe Bonamassa

Yeah, I'm starting off with ZZ Top since they're from my hometown that's good. Really, I know alot of these artists, just, I need specific songs to get me started
Quote by CL/\SH
Why don't you do your own? Start with improvising with the pentatonic and work your way up. Listen to Hendrix, King, etc. You'll get a good feel for that kind of playing. Soon you'll be able shell out your own awesome solos.

Edit: How is this in the wrong forum? You can post whatever you want in the pit.

When in doubt, post in the pit. Yeah, it doesn't rhyme. Get over it.

Actually, this helps alot. Thanks bro.