The bridge dropped into the grooves I read online to change the strings u have to do the low e to the high e one at a time to keep the tension there I did that any help to raise the bridge the low e gets to be low enough that the pickups touch the string
You have to mess with the springs in the back.

Did you change the strings already?
Well the bridge just dropped when I went to change the strings i'm going to check the springs in the back see if that does anything but I need to lift it in order to use it a lower bridge = unplayable
You have to mess with the spring tension in the back to equalize the tension of the strings - thus leveling the bridge.

If the bridge slants down on the left side (next to the pickups) - then you need to tighten the screws holding the springs.

So, if there isn't enough string tension, the bridge will slant down like that (which happens if you take off too many strings at once). That's why you tighten the springs to make up for it.

The bridge should be parallel to the guitar body.
Last edited by metal4all at Dec 23, 2009,
Make sure that when you are adjusting the screws that they stay equal length, and to work slowly, switching from one side to the other. Did you change string gauge or brand? I don't know how much brand factors in but that may be why your FR is acting weird.

Off topic, but I suggest you buy a Tremol-no. They are great for Floyd Rose Tremolos.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by ferretface
Make sure that when you are adjusting the screws that they stay equal length, and to work slowly, switching from one side to the other. Did you change string gauge or brand? I don't know how much brand factors in but that may be why your FR is acting weird.

Off topic, but I suggest you buy a Tremol-no. They are great for Floyd Rose Tremolos.
Bolded and quoted for importance. Thanks for pointing that out.
Quote by ferretface

I just googed that shit, my god I have been blind all these years! Blind I tell you!
Quote by Soundyard
I just googed that shit, my god I have been blind all these years! Blind I tell you!

The first time I ever re-strung my guitar with it installed, I seriously felt I had messed something up because it was so easy
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by Soundyard
+1 I've been sticking quarters back there.

Anyway, TS, no one else has pointed this out, but get the tremolo level. Usually I jam a screwdriver in there. Gets it to a level height. Alternatively, put pressure on the bar, either up or down, til it's level. Doesn't have to be 100% level, but it Look level when you sight your eye up against the guitar body. THEN I tune my guitar. I recommend retuning several times as well, especially if your tremolo is completely free floating.