well thats good that it works well with a line 6 on the insane setting
Deals done with:
lfrz93
mmjohn
Last edited by 4_string_fury at Dec 23, 2009,

You obviously miss the point of a guitar like that. it's meant to be bought as an investment, something to be collected and held onto, if you will. Obviously it's probably a great guitar and probably sounds great and plays great, but the point of it is beyond being a guitar that is worth $25,000 based on playability and sound alone. This was the exact same thing as the 2005 Jimmy Page signature in which the individually signed ones were something like $25,000 and now go on the open market for >$100,000. You might balk at the price, but you are not who Gibson is marketing the guitar towards.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 23, 2009,
Posted by:KurtCobainGuitarHero
As a musician, I cannot recommend a higher quality piece of gear than this one. It works well with my Line 6 Spider III 150W on the Insane setting. My first is tuned to A standard and has a perfect black metal sound. My second is tuned to E standard and sounds just like Beck does on the Metal setting. My third is tuned to C A Bb A G E tuning and has a beautiful tone as well. My fingerpicking skills have improved dramatically since I bought this, as has the tone in my fingers. The only thing I would change would be to add a seventh string to it so I could tune to Drop E tuning.

not only does this guy have one,He has three.

Just so much fail in one review.
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
"and played by jeff beck himself".....

whats he gonna do play a chord or two on tall 50 guitars?
Quote by williamdllr
As a musician, I cannot recommend a higher quality piece of gear than this one. It works well with my Line 6 Spider III 150W on the Insane setting. My first is tuned to A standard and has a perfect black metal sound. My second is tuned to E standard and sounds just like Beck does on the Metal setting. My third is tuned to C A Bb A G E tuning and has a beautiful tone as well. My fingerpicking skills have improved dramatically since I bought this, as has the tone in my fingers. The only thing I would change would be to add a seventh string to it so I could tune to Drop E tuning.

I know, man. I almost banged my head against the wall hearing that. And you don't tune to A standard to ply Black Metal.

This guitar is NEVER meant to be played. You sell it for thousands. Playing it brings down the market price. ::sigh:: Some idiots don't get it.
Quote by williamdllr

I call shenanigans on this, I doubt any self respecting musician would have the name "kurtcobainguitarhero" and I also doubt anyone that can throw around $75,000 on guitars would have a line 6, not bandwagon jumping but there are lots of way better amps out there especially if you have 75 grand. I could go on for days on this
Deals done with:
lfrz93
mmjohn
Quote by Alex Vik

Hahahahaha good for many laughs!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
LMAO i think some people are missing the point...i KNOW this is a joke.just look at the posters name lmao.And notice how he HAD to use a line 6 lol i wouldn't doubt it if it was some one from these very forums "shifty eyes"

Obvious troll is obvious.

Never the less it made me laugh
Ibanez RG370DX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Valveking 112 w/ Celestion V30
Bad Monkey
Tanglewood TW28 Acoustic
Can't believe the review for the Jeff Beck LP went over so many peoples' heads, how dense can you be?
What I'm most surprised about though is that those reviews made it onto MF site. Now thats some funny sh*t
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
i'm willing to bet that review was posted by a UG troll trying to troll UG by posting a stupid message on a completely unrelated website so he doesn't get banned here..

either way successful troll is kind of successful..

edit:

lol @ the 2nd review, someone thinks he's enough of an expert to review a guitar he's only read about. He says "it's no different from any other les paul except it has a different bridge" and "if you want jeff beck's tone just get any other les paul"

obviously another ignoramus who thinks mahogany is just "mahogany" and maple is just "maple" and doesn't understand that there could possibly be varying quality pieces of each species of wood and that perhaps, there's a slight chance they pick the best for these guitars, as opposed to a les paul standard which is 1/10 of the price for a reason other than "lol jeff beck" (because that alone doesn't increase the price of a guitar tenfold).
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Dec 23, 2009,
I'm surprised those joke reviews get published.

Here's another one that's good for a laugh.

http://folk-instruments.musiciansfr...anjo?sku=517401

"I have just received this awesome banjo and cannot hardly believe how great it plays and sounds! It is so shinny and everyone loves to see their reflection in it.

I wanted to play it through my Marshall Plexi using my Power Brake, but there are no pickups on this banjo, so I installed some p-90's in the remo head securing it with a hot glue gun. Then I drilled a hole in the shell for the jack input.I use a TS808 as well to really push those EL34s. When my setup was all complete I put on my bottle slide with everything wide open and tuned to drop-D, it sounded so awesome my neighbors thought Jimi Hendrix was at my house until I started to play Earl's Breakdown Pantera style!

This banjo is worth every bit the 50 thousand. The only thing that made me almost not buy it is I had to pay shipping, but I am over it, especially since it is so great. Order one today!"

...wtf...
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top Cherry Sunburst
-Peavey Vypyr 15
-Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 0.10
-Jim Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah pedal
-Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal
-Cleartone instrument cable

L.F.C
Quote by Alex Vik
I'm surprised those joke reviews get published.

Here's another one that's good for a laugh.

http://folk-instruments.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-The-Super-Earl-Banjo?sku=517401

Now that was a good laugh!!

"...After this was done, we realized we needed a place to mount the volume and tone controls. My tech removed the stock banjo head and found a hubcap from an ’73 AMC Ambassador that fit fairly well in its place..."
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
The prices of these damn things today.

The way Gibson is today, I'll never be able to afford the Les Paul I would want. Even if I had the money, I'd be reluctant to spend it on a Gibson again. The next Les Paul I get will have to be made for me. I spend half the price for double the guitar.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Thats some funny shit the dude spending $75,000 + tax mind you on 3 guitars and only has a combo amp. them guitars must be pretty awesome to even (CHANGE THE TONE IN YOUR FINGERS). how do you turn a 6 string into a 7 and why would you do it to a $25,000 guitar. this is either a jive review or one fu**ed up individual! And the guy that bought that $45,000 banjo sounds like Jethro Bodene finally joined a rock band. that is pure red neck to hot glue a set of p90s in a banjo the new banjo Les Paul. Hot damn Jethro that is one fine fiddle you got there its so shiny i can see my corn cob pipe in it.

I really hope your kidding and realize the reviews were jokes...
There was a thread about a 350 000.00 dollar 1959 Gibson Les Paul on the guitarscanada forums. So there are definetaly more expensive guitars out these than 25 000.
Quote by Kumanji
The only thing that matters in music these days is money - genuinely talented artists are passed over entirely or corraled into making non-offensive, non-threatening average music that sells.
The first 50 of these historic electric guitars will be carefully aged by the master luthiers at Gibson Custom to look exactly like Beck's original…

Am I the only one who things it must be incredibly boring to sit around knocking chips out of expensive guitars to make them seem more authentic to rich douchebags?
Quote by jpnyc
The first 50 of these historic electric guitars will be carefully aged by the master luthiers at Gibson Custom to look exactly like Beck's original…

Am I the only one who things it must be incredibly boring to sit around knocking chips out of expensive guitars to make them seem more authentic to rich douchebags?

Yeah, especially since you'd probably be getting paid large amounts of money, as you would need some pretty good luthiering skills to do such a task.

Quote by DaveyBoy11122
C A Bb A G E = cabbage.

That... is epicness.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Dec 23, 2009,
i bought a guitar stool once and actually read the reviews. i still laugh at them today.

this is for a CRATE StooL at MF.

I tried to plug in my guitar, but I couldn't. Other than that, it is a superb stool. I was a little worried because...well, I'm not a fan of crate products. This stool changed my opinion and saved my behind, literally. I was about to fall on stage, but, because I had my trusty Crate stool near me, I caught myself. If you are an extreame sitter such as myself, get it, it saves lives.

Posted by Eric from Wherever there is a crate stool on Dec 6, 2005

This is definitely nice stool. Typical Crate product, it's good stool. It is nice to sit on, squishy, reminds me of other Crate products which could be used as stool as well. Crate have definitely outdone themselves with this stool.

^^i love those banjo reviews. because all of them pretended to be so serious and gradually talked about their mods.

Quote by DaveyBoy11122
C A Bb A G E = cabbage.

wtf!
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Dec 23, 2009,
Quote by jj1565
i bought a guitar stool once and actually read the reviews. i still laugh at them today.

this is for a CRATE StooL at MF.

^^i love those banjo reviews. because all of them pretended to be so serious and gradually talked about their mods.

wtf!

best post so far
Quote by ReynboLightning
Hey i just seen this crazy les paul on mf for 25grand
But what is even funnier is one of the reviews on it

check it out lmao
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Jeff-Beck-1954-Les-Paul-Oxblood-Aged-Signed-Electric-Guitar?sku=580840

It's gotta be a joke right?LOL

The funnier part is the mark-up by MF compared to the Gibson.
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Jeff-Beck-1954-Les-Paul-Oxblood.aspx
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
C A Bb A G E tuning

MF reviews deserve a Lulzmas Tree
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Dec 23, 2009,
Fake reviews are always fun. Reminds me of the three wolf T-shirt on Amazon and also the badonkadonk tank from Amazon.
Quote by DaveyBoy11122
C A Bb A G E = cabbage.

Nice.

But really, who in the hell would buy a 25 grand guitar? Thats not an investment, thats a complete scam. Yeah sure, its signed by him, but its a production guitar, they make lots of em. Now if they only made like 10 of them then I can understand how it would be collectable. The most expensive guitar I would ever buy would be a PRS Modern Eagle II, and its only $5000 and 10 times better than any Les Paul.
They removed a lot of the reviews that were on the guitar. I had one posted, but sadly its gone.

All the good ones are gone. Darn shame.
"Expensive, but a VERY nice instrument
Posted by Lester S. from Nashville, TN on Aug 28, 2008
Experience w/product: I own it
Reviewer's Background: Professional musician
Reviewer's Play Style: Country
I bought this banjo for myself as a 50th birthday present. It's by far the most expensive instrument I've held in my hands, much less owned, but at my age I figured I might as well own something really nice that I can pass down to my children.

I made a couple of slight modifications but I'm glad I did because they enhanced the playability of this fine instrument and really work well in the studio and on stage.

I had it refretted with jumbo stainless steel frets. I do a lot of bluesy note bending and these really make a big difference. I also had the fingerboard scalloped for those lightning-fast Yngwie Malmsteen licks and Frank Gambale influenced sweep picking.

I installed a Hipshot Drop-D tuner for when I need that heavy rock sound, and even had a Floyd Rose bridge and locking nut installed so it will stay in tune better after Van Halen style dive bombs.

I had my luthier install a Gibson Burstbucker Pro pickup in the neck position and it gives me a nice Clapton-esque "woman tone" for soloing. The bridge pickup is a Roland unit that goes to my synthesizer.

One problem we ran into was finding a place to mount the pickup selector switch. After all, this is a banjo! My luthier drilled a channel down the length of the neck for the wires and mounted a switch from a Gibson SG on the headstock, right between the tuners. It really works well and isn’t hard to reach. Since I do a lot of two-handed tapping my right hand can keep the music going while my left hand flips the switch.

After this was done, we realized we needed a place to mount the volume and tone controls. My tech removed the stock banjo head and found a hubcap from an ’73 AMC Ambassador that fit fairly well in its place. He mounted the pots underneath and topped them off with some really cool skull head knobs.

I’ve been playing this banjo lately plugged into an old MXR Envelope Filter and a Boss Metal Zone distortion pedal, both of which I leave on all the time. This setup sounds great plugged into my Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier stack.

Treat yourself to one of these fine instruments today. You deserve it."

This is possibly the funniest thing I have ever had the pleasure of hearing in my life.