Page 1 of 4
Anybody ever heard of "Volumes"? I discovered them about a month ago, and i just can't stop listening to them.

They were signed to Mediaskare for a few months, but now they're unsigned again.

http://www.myspace.com/volumes

"Intake" is my favorite song.

What do you think of them?
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
I love that riff in Intake. First heard them mentioned in the metal forum deathcore thread. Sucks that they're on hiatus, or whatever that myspace blog is supposed to mean. I was looking forward to hearing their EP.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I started listening to them like a month ago; I can't remember where I first heard them, probably here on the forum. Awesome band.
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
I'm under the influence that delayed tremelo picking makes EVERYTHING sound epic...

But this was pretty rad
http://soundcloud.com/dawwwstin
Quote by Sever_the_Skull
stfu spaghetti asshole

Quote by itachi-sasori
thats like... a really broad range... how can you like dragonforce AND beethoven Dx
Yeah, this band reminds me a lot of The Contortionist and they both love their tremolo picking.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I have a feeling that this band will become boring after they release more than 2 songs. Both songs on their myspace follow similar structures, just in different keys. I'm not saying it's not awesome, but I can see them being about as interesting as djent by the time they release an album.
Quote by Magero
I have a feeling that this band will become boring after they release more than 2 songs. Both songs on their myspace follow similar structures, just in different keys. I'm not saying it's not awesome, but I can see them being about as interesting as djent by the time they release an album.

You never know, maybe they'll have matured a bit by then.
You wanna bet?
They're already about to hit "djent" territory thanks to Intake. Might as well just write a whole album of the same riff like every djent band does, rake in the cash and then die in a gutter when the djent fad disappears and everyone stops caring about guitar solos.
Geez, Jack, when did you get so jaded and bitter?
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by MustangMan311
In about six months. It's doesn't even have as much to stand on as the synthcore fad does, and it's already getting old.

I'd say it has a lot more to stand on, just given the fact that it relies on having some sort of actual skill.
Also, this band is ridiculously boring. I feel like I just insulted this band in another thread about them...
Last edited by saxaxe at May 25, 2010,
Quote by saxaxe
I'd say it has a lot more to stand on, just given the fact that it relies on having some sort of actual skill.
Also, this band is ridiculously boring. I feel like I just insulted this band in another thread about them...

Eh, synthcore has a larger fanbase though.
love is love // return to dust
That's different though. Justin Bieber is played on radio stations everywhere and is a multi-millionaire from media exposure, something that synthcore and djent bands don't get, plus djent is much less mainstream than even synthcore is.
Wow, I didn't realize so many people disliked this band. I love these guys. They have such a good blend of djent, groove and melody to their music. BTW, the fact that one of their guitarists is not even 18 and they just got signed to mediaskare says a lot about them.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Last edited by synestershadows at Oct 31, 2010,
Quote by synestershadows
BTW, the fact that one of their guitarists is not even 18 and they just got signed to mediaskare says a lot about them.

The music's not THAT hard to play. And Mediaskare sucks dicks.
Quote by saxaxe

I'm holding you to this.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Apparently my djent dying out prediction didn't stand too well. Oh well. There are still only three good bands in this "genre".

Also, Mediaskare is an awful, awful label.

And the TS has the best avatar I've seen on this board in a while.
Djent will die out soon enough though.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by MustangMan311
Apparently my djent dying out prediction didn't stand too well. Oh well. There are still only three good bands in this "genre".

Periphery, After the Burial, this band and The Contortionist. 4 bro
Quote by tancanada
Periphery, After the Burial, this band and The Contortionist. 4 bro

I was going to say Periphery, Meshuggah, and Animals as Leaders. I don't consider ATB or The Contortionist djent, nor do I really consider Meshuggah or AAL djent, but oh well.

Fuck djent.
Quote by MustangMan311
I was going to say Periphery, Meshuggah, and Animals as Leaders. I don't consider ATB or The Contortionist djent, nor do I really consider Meshuggah or AAL djent, but oh well.

Fuck djent.

I honestly don't know why Periphery are popular. It's not often I've sat around thinking "I wonder what Finger Eleven would sound like if it was super technical."
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Ah dammit, AAL is good too.
And Periphery is by far the catchiest out of those 5 or 6 bands listed, thats why
Quote by tancanada
The music's not THAT hard to play. And Mediaskare sucks dicks.

Mediaskare has signed some awesome bands though. And if anything, djent is getting bigger and bigger, but out of all the djent bands out there, these guys stand out.

Also, come on. Periphery deserves the attention they get and then some. Misha is a musical genius.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Last edited by synestershadows at Oct 31, 2010,
The singing is easily some of the worst in musical history. I didn't realize that sounding like a radio-rock band from 2002 was still cool.

EDIT: In regards to Periphery.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Oct 31, 2010,
Quote by SeveredSurvival
Erm, I love Volumes. I'm sad now.

^This

So many people are shitting on this band and djent in general.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Because the fact people even refer to it as "djent" is ridiculous.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Because the fact people even refer to it as "djent" is ridiculous.

I don't refer to the genre as djent. I usually say progressive metal. I think djent is just a style of playing.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Its a sound. That's it. An overused, quickly becoming stale and boring, sound. It is not a genre.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Quote by nashawa
I honestly don't know why Periphery are popular. It's not often I've sat around thinking "I wonder what Finger Eleven would sound like if it was super technical."

There are so many parallels between Periphery and nu-metal, and I completely understand why people dislike them- Up until the first time I heard the S/T, I hated them and really, really disliked how much hype surrounded them.

But then something clicked and the album is my favorite of the year. Oh well. I see what you're saying, at least.

Oh, but by the way, djent sucks, and so does Mediaskare, still. The only band worth listening to on the label is The Ghost Inside, who aren't that good, still. Every other band- Literally, every single other band on the label- Is awful.
Last edited by MustangMan311 at Nov 1, 2010,
Quote by MustangMan311
Oh, but by the way, djent sucks, and so does Mediaskare, still. The only band worth listening to on the label is The Ghost Inside, who aren't that good, still. Every other band- Literally, every single other band on the label- Is awful.

Betrayal, Endwell, Lionheart, and The Red Shore.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Quote by synestershadows
Betrayal, Endwell, Lionheart, and The Red Shore.

The Red Shore - Generic deathcore that sounds like an Australian Carnifex / Whitechapel mix.
Betrayal - Generic metallic hardcore that wants to appeal to kids who just stopped listening to As I Lay Dying and wish they were part of the hardcore scene.
Endwell - Generic metallic hardcore. They also have shirts with pot leaves on them. Get real.
Lionheart - Generic metallic hardcore.
Quote by synestershadows
Mediaskare has signed some awesome bands though. And if anything, djent is getting bigger and bigger, but out of all the djent bands out there, these guys stand out.

Also, come on. Periphery deserves the attention they get and then some. Misha is a musical genius.

You keep seeming reasonable, and I get to liking you. Then you go say something retarded like this.

Seriously, this has happened like 5 times.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I actually don't mind Betrayal. They are nice dudes and their music is fun live. Other than that Medisakare do have some pretty bad bands on the label. Lionheart I can probably listen to live but their so bland on record.
I drink your milkshake.
Page 1 of 4