is sweap picking really this boring to practice? I think i had more fun watching paint dry lol im doing
am arpegio doing

and hammering the 17 up and down raking. Very slow.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Quote by scaronyourface
At TS that was the first pattern i learned.
I actually had fun learning how to sweep.

well i just learned yesterday from a lesson on this site. I am haveing fun but a hour of the same sweep gets boring. I am progressing lil by lil .

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Quote by tenfold
Well try different ones... make or lookup a sweep etude or song.

great link in your sig with the john petrucci rock discipline
gunna spend the rest of my night with that vid
Quote by silly6-string
well i just learned yesterday from a lesson on this site. I am haveing fun but a hour of the same sweep gets boring. I am progressing lil by lil .

Of course you shouldn't practice it at one hour at a time!
I practiced it about 5 mins at a time about 20 times a day?
When ever i would get bored or something I would pic up my guitar and practice it and then leave and come back to it and repeat.
Hope that helps in some sort of way.
Of course, you should only practice when you want to - but your level of commitment and discipline will affect your level of skill and technical ability, obviously.

Many professional musicians do, or at the least did (for years), practice multiple hours a day. It's easy to get bored, but if you want results, you've got to buckle down. If it's just a hobby, just jam whenever. If it's your true passion, or career goal, or whatever - you've got to study hard!

You'll be happy you did, when you're sweeping in your sleep.
...actually, I'm a drinker with a writing problem.
You could practice with all your different triads and their inversions - that way you're practicing sweeping and revising triads at the same time, and it'll give you a whole bunch of sweep shapes.
can anyone make or have a chart of all the sweaping patterns there is? Also can u sweap barre chords. a - g?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
I really enjoy practicing sweeping. I think it sounds awesome and you can sweep anything you want. Sometimes when I start practicing it, I'll go FOREVER before I realize how much time I've been going.
I think it's C#m#7+5
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
When you do pulloffs, do you put the finger that's pulling and the finger you're pulling off to at the same time? Or do you pull off while putting down that second finger? The first way seems slower but the second way is faster.
Not with that C on the D string. Very strange.

Threadstarter, if you're bored, don't practice boring things. Try putting together a little tune that can be swept or make a sweep arrangement of your favourite chord progressions.