I just posted this in the GG&A holiday thread, but I figure you folks will get off to it a bit moreso than those guys. Here's my Christmas gift from my Dad:

It's Ableton Suite 8, upgraded to the super deluxe awesome full version last night (from Live 8 full), thanks Dad! In the end, I got $1350 worth of software for $270! He also got me a Korg nanoKontrol and my grandma got me an Ableton messenger bag to carry all my equipment in. Pics of those will be added later.

I spent about ten hours on the song in the screencap today, and it's still not finished. I can't believe how awesome all of these instruments are, and the box with the DVDs, stickers, and extra content is still in the mail.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Sweet man

Yep, lets have NGD's.

I've got about £600 worth of gear on order, and its a whiteout ouside, so the postmen can't get it to me
Okay following by example, New Software Day instead, just spent £38 on this:

Nice! I have a lot of respect for people who purchase their DAWs, especially one that's (kind of) suggested, like Reaper. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for illegally downloading instruments when they're overpriced crap from big name manufacturers, but DAWs are a legit purchase. You should make a thread and then we can start a new tradition here as part of the overhaul of R&R!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
I'd like to purchase all the software I use, but at the moment financially I'm a bit fooked, so it'll just have to be the DAW at the moment till I start getting paid to do this sort of thing.

(thumbnail to avoid large image :p)

I just got Addictive Drums today. Also, I got a few Midipaks for it (Punk Rock & Rock) to help.

Also pictured in one of the effects is Pod Farm Platinum which I bought about 2 weeks ago.

I have respect for those who purchase their DAWs. If I torrented Pro Tools (which you cant really do since you need either an Mbox or some M-Audio device to run it and most come with Pro Tools nowadays) instead of investing the money in my Mbox 2 Factory bundle (which I got for over half off) I doubt I would have stuck with recording.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
If I didn't discover Ableton Live and kept using ProTools, I doubt I would have stuck with recording! I can't stand working in ProTools, it's just not how I want to write music. I mean sure, it's good from recording music that you're practiced and polished, but not for writing from scratch and being creative. My Mbox has now broken up with PT and started making sweet love to Live!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
^ BAH! You had to go and post the ONE thing I had left on my gas list, didn't you! I really want an Axiom, but Suite 8 and the nanoKontrol had just settled my GAS. Oh well, enjoy yours!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Seeing as everyone has nominated your NGD thread as the main one;

No cabling to connect that shit up though xD Everything came but the cables.
^ What! You need to get yourself out to the store and get that shiz running! I really need to get myself a pair of Rokits sometime soon, I have to stop mixing on Bose speakers and sony earbuds!

edit: What model bass is that? It looks like my friend's Reggie Hamilton sig, which is the second nicest bass I've played (after my own of course!).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Last edited by Sid McCall at Dec 23, 2009,
The Rokits are amazing, well worth the money.

The bass is Squier P Bass with a jazz pickup in the bridge, fairly standard sort of Squier job, I'm always envious at how they build cheap basses compared to cheap guitars - always feel nicer to play, rosewood is always darker etc.

Not had the chance to toy around with it, bought it for recording but haven't used it due to not finalising a lot of my own tracks.
Oh and the nearest store is ten miles away, and theres ten inches of snow outside, so not a chance
Well then get your snowshoes on, boyo! You can borrow my Akita, she'll pull your sled to the store!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Sid McCall
^ BAH! You had to go and post the ONE thing I had left on my gas list, didn't you! I really want an Axiom, but Suite 8 and the nanoKontrol had just settled my GAS. Oh well, enjoy yours!

Have you seen the Axiom Pros??? they look incredible and you can customize every key to a shortcut for your daw like paste/copy/new track etc but their like twice as expensive

It's just awesome for an beginner like me...

That's the only music related thing i got...
Still waiting on my drum library to come in the mail...should be here just in time for me to be out of NY and in Boston for new year's! Oh well...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass