spider III or MG? neither. set your money on fire instead, you'll get better tone that way.

i know this is a troll thread but, what style do you play so i can recommend some REAL amps
god i hate these threads...even if they're NOT trolls, they should do a lil research before asking these things...now we're gonna have 20 posts about how the MG and Spiders suck for anything other than practice and even though it's true, NO ONE that's been a regular at GG&A for more than a month wants to read ANYTHING about spiders or MGs or 'why is toob better?' or ANY of that crap anymore...

cube or vypyr for heavier tones kid
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005
god i hate these threads...even if they're NOT trolls, they should do a lil research before asking these things...now we're gonna have 20 posts about how the MG and Spiders suck for anything other than practice and even though it's true, NO ONE that's been a regular at GG&A for more than a month wants to read ANYTHING about spiders or MGs or 'why is toob better?' or ANY of that crap anymore...

As much as I can relate to that... I still laughed out EXTREMELY LOUDLY at the tone of that post.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
As much as I can relate to that... I still laughed out EXTREMELY LOUDLY at the tone of that post.

man...you joined like a year and a half ago...and i'm sure you've seen threads like these ever since your first day in the forums...and i joined almost 5 years ago...and have seen almost 5 year's worth of these threads....and i think to myself...if I'M starting to go crazy over these beaten dead horse topics....how do the regulars that have been here even LONGER feel?

stay strong....stay strong...one day it'll all be over...
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
has got to be a troll thread
why would someone seriously considering buying these amps choose a 30 watt one and a 100 watt one im pretty sure theres aobut £200 difference in prices
but as someone said cube or vypyr for the heavier stuff
and vox for the not so heavy stuff
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
Line 6 Spider III 120 (for sale £90)
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Go for the Marshall. Zakk Wylde said "The MG sounds totally slamming, the overdrive is crushing."

Why would he lie in a press statement
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Not sure if you want 30 watts or 100 watts?

Here is the a demo video for the 30 watt Marshall MG30FX. The new MG4 series "FX" amps sound better than the older "DFX" ones plus they are programmable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYAoiEI3h34

Here is an optional footswitch for this series to make it easier to switch between the 4 channels or recall stored sounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80d1HUa3W-U

P.S. I hope the MG haters on UG are irritated yet again

Also, to satisfy the tube amp crowd there is a Peavey 60 watt Vypyr tube amp giveaway contest here on Guitar Edge's website:

http://www.guitaredge.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=316&Itemid=101

Looks like a very nice amp but at a $500 purchase price, entering a giveaway contest is the only way I'd be able to afford it. Good luck!
Fender Malmsteen Strat > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > NS2 Send > NeoClassic 3080 Compressor > NeoClassic 741 Overdrive > NS2 Return > NS2 Output > VHT Special 6 Ultra Amp > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return
Last edited by Yngwie#1 at Dec 23, 2009,
judging by everyones opinion....... ill think ill get a randall RH200g2 O.o XD
Quote by jimroot487
judging by everyones opinion....... ill think ill get a randall RH200g2 O.o XD

Did you even read anyone's responses? Where did anyone say to get a Randall?
out of those 2 i would take the spider. but also look into roland cube and peavey vypyr
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Don't listen to all the haters.

Get one of each and run them in stereo. That way, you'll have a back up amp too.

This.
Then get the line 6 uber metal for some CRAZY METAL t0nez and crank those f**kers and you will have a BLASTY BLAST!
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
spider III or MG? neither. set your money on fire instead, you'll get better tone that way.

I don't know why, but that made me laugh really hard
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
In short, neither.

Unless you feel like extremely bad tone, than be my guest.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by 2112swartz

I don't know why, but that made me laugh really hard

You just had to bump this...
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Don't listen to all the haters.

Get one of each and run them in stereo. That way, you'll have a back up amp too.

+1. I used to do this. but I had a peavey rage that I ran in the middle of the two with the gain full up and the mids and 4. twas br00tal!

oh I had a DS-1 and a Line 6 Uber Metal Both engaged on the overdrive channel of the marshall. it was such a classic sound!!! I miss those amps.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
+1. I used to do this. but I had a peavey rage that I ran in the middle of the two with the gain full up and the mids and 4. twas br00tal!

oh I had a DS-1 and a Line 6 Uber Metal Both engaged on the overdrive channel of the marshall. it was such a classic sound!!! I miss those amps.

Hey keep off the Rage, it was alright.

I use alright loosely, but you know what I mean, it's definitely better than the spider or MG.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
Hey keep off the Rage, it was alright.

I use alright loosely, but you know what I mean, it's definitely better than the spider or MG.

+1
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by Alex Vik

Did you even read anyone's responses? Where did anyone say to get a Randall?

this.

Obvious Troll is Very Obvious.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"