just bought one of the bay new(floor stock) for $760AUD($666USD) and was wondering if anyone has used them before or could commented on the build and sound quality. its loaded with v30s so i thought it must be half decent.
I've never heard anything but raves about the build quality. Personally I'm not a fan of V30s so no comment there.

Make sure to post pics once you get it!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by consecutive e
The yanks love them, great price man

is this a generalization that all americans are yankees? lol. i'm quite fond of being a southerner and not a yankee.

on a serious note, i find it a lil odd that you wait till AFTER paying the number of the beast for a cab, that you ask about build quality and such...if you checked it out yourself you should have heard and seen the quality so you don't have to have us as a backup stamp of approval. but yes, Avatar has a great quality for price reputation around here. though, next time you should ask about quality and such BEFORE you go checking amps if you REALLY want to know. that would be more helpful in weeding out the crappy selections...you got lucky by finding a brand that wasn't a wolf in sheep's clothes.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Yeah they're great. I'm surprised you got it for that price, the price is horribly inflated outside of the US.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by slash_rocks2005
is this a generalization that all americans are yankees? lol. i'm quite fond of being a southerner and not a yankee.

Pretty much, all in good fun though.
Quote by donni69
just bought one of the bay new(floor stock) for $760AUD($666USD) and was wondering if anyone has used them before or could commented on the build and sound quality. its loaded with v30s so i thought it must be half decent.

Shouldn't you have asked that before you bought it
They're good cabs though.
I love my Avatar 2x12. I don't see what more you could ask in a cab. It's built sturdy, comes in a bazillion color/grill combinations, and comes with great speakers for dirt cheap prices. Win all around.
I had an Avatar 4x12 and a 2x12, both V30 loaded, but ended up selling the 4x12. Only reasons were size, and the 2x12 sounded better at lower volumes.

Top notch build quality. No mistakes anywhere on the cab, even inside looks fantastic.

I've seen many Avatar Cabs go extremely cheap on Aussie Ebay, for example, I got my 2x12 for $710 AU, then put a lowball bid on a 4x12, and ended up getting it for $620 AU, both brand new!

The V30's may seem harsh when you first get the cab. You will notice the sound become increasingly smoother as you play. Just be patient with them, V30's take a fair while to break in.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Last edited by DiizZ at Dec 23, 2009,
I've got a 412 and have had nothing but excellent results. Great cabs for great prices.
Sig What?
eBay. think I got mine so cheap because Avatar isn't a very well known brand in Australia.

Quote by Danyg
Last edited by DiizZ at Dec 23, 2009,
Quote by slash_rocks2005

on a serious note, i find it a lil odd that you wait till AFTER paying the number of the beast for a cab, that you ask about build quality and such...if you checked it out yourself you should have heard and seen the quality so you don't have to have us as a backup stamp of approval. but yes, Avatar has a great quality for price reputation around here. though, next time you should ask about quality and such BEFORE you go checking amps if you REALLY want to know. that would be more helpful in weeding out the crappy selections...you got lucky by finding a brand that wasn't a wolf in sheep's clothes.

actually bought it out on ebay but have not paid yet, waiting for the break between christmas and new years
Quote by DiizZ
eBay. think I got mine so cheap because Avatar isn't a very well known brand in Australia.

I've looked on Ebay for like a year at them but had no results. i thought they were non existent. Apparently they aren't as good as people make out, how is yours if you've got it?
I bought a used Avatar 4x12 with Eminence speakers for $175 and it's amazing. It's light, and I'm pretty sure it could fall off the Empire State building and be ready for a gig the same night.
Quote by ShallowEndings
I've looked on Ebay for like a year at them but had no results. i thought they were non existent. Apparently they aren't as good as people make out, how is yours if you've got it?

http://musical-instruments.shop.ebay.com.au/i.html?_nkw=Avatar&_sacat=619&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=Avatar&_osacat=0

Theres heaps on atm. The guy selling all these (the4wdworkshop) is the same guy I purchased mine off. He had to make the listing all Buy-It-Now as the cabs were going for amazingly low prices when they were auctioned off. Great guy aswell.

I had a 4x12 and a 2x12 and both cabs were flawless construction wise. The insides were very neat and tidy, and the sound quality is amazing. Nothing about these cabinets that I dont like.

Quote by Danyg
Last edited by DiizZ at Dec 24, 2009,
Quote by DiizZ
http://musical-instruments.shop.ebay.com.au/i.html?_nkw=Avatar&_sacat=619&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=Avatar&_osacat=0

Theres heaps on atm. The guy selling all these (the4wdworkshop) is the same guy I purchased mine off. He had to make the listing all Buy-It-Now as the cabs were going for amazingly low prices when they were auctioned off. Great guy aswell.

I had a 4x12 and a 2x12 and both cabs were flawless construction wise. The insides were very neat and tidy, and the sound quality is amazing. Nothing about these cabinets that I dont like.

lol thats actually the same dude im getting mine off
Quote by DiizZ

Heh, never seen them on the Aussie ebay. If i got one id prefer to have a white tolex cover on the outside and front. DIY

I've got some things id prefer to buy for now, hopefully they stay around.