Hey i was just wondering if anyone could tell me the effects used for the solo in skin o m,y teeth. Im playing it but it just doesnt have the same punch the original seems to have. It feels as if im missing an effect or somthing. Could be the 1000 pounds of equipment i dont have xD but you never know!. Ive seen some people get the exact sound as it on youtube. was looking for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sGepKHq6MA

The solo starts at 1:35

Thanks alot.
Gear:

Charvel So-Cal Style 1 HH
Jackson Pro Series RR24M
Dean Dave Mustaine Signature VMNT

JCM 2000 TSL 100
You could try toying around with some EQ... but, the probable answer is that the solo you're hearing is a product of studio recording. It might be layered, it's brought front in the mix, the track is EQ'd and maybe compressed with some very professional tools. It's hard to create a sound like that at home, but I'd say that a high-quality tube amp wouldn't hurt either.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Its impossible to make something sound exactly the way it does on the recording also everyone's style can make them sound different anyway. So I would try and do it your own way.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
*checks your sig*

I see your problem. I can get a similar sound with my amp. Tubes + lots of mids/highs = win Megadeth tone.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
*checks your sig*

I see your problem. I can get a similar sound with my amp. Tubes + lots of mids/highs = win Megadeth tone.

Time to invest in a real amp then! =D
Gear:

Jackson Pro Series RR24M

JCM 2000 TSL 100
Quote by Spitty33
Time to invest in a real amp then! =D

very much so....
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
This is from the remastered album, so there is even more production done to alter the tone. Not only is there compression and tons of EQ, but a lot of the tone is really from how you play it. Study how Marty plays this solo. He uses a Jackson Kelly with a Seymour Duncan JBJ in the bridge. He also probably used a Crate Blue Voodoo and Vintage 30s in the studio with an SM57.
Last edited by Yaris at Dec 23, 2009,
On another note, Broderick doing the solo (the later one) in this song on the "Blood in the Water" video kicks major, major ass. I can watch that all day.
Quote by Yaris
This is from the remastered album, so there is even more production done to alter the tone. Not only is there compression and tons of EQ, but a lot of the tone is really from how you play it. Study how Marty plays this solo. He uses a Jackson Kelly with a Seymour Duncan JBJ in the bridge. He also probably used a Crate Blue Voodoo and Vintage 30s in the studio with an SM57.
Even if you studied how he played it, you will never get Marty's sound due to his weird picking technique.
Quote by potatohead_33
On another note, Broderick doing the solo (the later one) in this song on the "Blood in the Water" video kicks major, major ass. I can watch that all day.

Totaly Agree! I love that video!
Gear:

Jackson Pro Series RR24M

JCM 2000 TSL 100
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Even if you studied how he played it, you will never get Marty's sound due to his weird picking technique.

What I meant was that if you look at a video of him, you'll see his technique. I copy his picking style sometimes and I can get it to sound similar to him, well, more so than a normal picking technique. Basically, he picks really close to the neck which warms up the sound of the bridge pickup a little, also, he does a lot of economy picking, which I do naturally (not as good as him though).
Thanks alot for the input guys, helped alot ) fun too.
<3
Gear:

Jackson Pro Series RR24M

JCM 2000 TSL 100
Quote by King of King V
Are you play a half step down?

He doesn't have to be.
Yeah its E Standard
Gear:

Jackson Pro Series RR24M

JCM 2000 TSL 100
Oh wait sorry i thought it was on the youthanasia album which is a half step down....nvm
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100