Hey I've been using rotosounds nickel plated steel so far and yesterday I switched to GHS nickel rockers. There is sightly a difference in my sound. Can't really say what, but I like it. Did you guys try out the GHS progressives or the GHS brite flats? What's your oppinion on them?
PS: I am looking for sustain and string smoothness
Last edited by DethDroogie at Dec 23, 2009,
Aren't GHS the cheapest strings you can get? The ones that lose their tone in a matter of hours? Sorry, I prefer my strings to last longer than that.
Quote by Jerry.thewise
Aren't GHS the cheapest strings you can get? The ones that lose their tone in a matter of hours? Sorry, I prefer my strings to last longer than that.

Actually, no.

They're made quite well.

TS, I haven't used the ones you mentioned. I've stuck with the EJ set for a while.
Quote by Jerry.thewise

Fail!
Ghs are actually very durable comparing to other famous brands. They know alot about strings, check their huge string varieties. Also, famous guitarists are using ghs like Santana, Dave Mustaine, Eric Johnson
I got yesterday my nickel rockers and compared to rotosound, they sound better, they are smoother and they seem to keep their colour better than the rotosund. Proof of durability
Quote by Jerry.thewise

This is a perfect example of UG bandwagoning, they're cheaper than Ernie Balls or D'Addario so they must be crap, I bet you haven't even tried them.

On that note, neither have I, but I had a pack in my had last week and switched for the old stand by EB's. I will try some eventually to form my own opinion.