Poll: Album of The Decade
Poll Options
View poll results: Album of The Decade
Radiohead - In Rainbows
8 24%
White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan
4 12%
John Mayer - Where The Light Is - Live in L.A.
4 12%
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
5 15%
The Killers - Hot Fuss
0 0%
AudioSlave - Self Titled
0 0%
Death Cab For Cutie - Plans
1 3%
A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms
4 12%
Foo Fighters - One by One
2 6%
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
6 18%
Voters: 34.
Page 1 of 2
With the decade about to end, what is your vote for the best album of the decade? I am not a metal fan so there were no metal albums included, but I tried to give all other genres(which use instruments) something to choose from. If you don't like any of the options, just be respectful, vote 'Other' and give your choice for your album of the decade. And also understand before you say these choices are all too mainstream, you're talking about the album of the decade, not just your personal favorite, your favorite by be a small indie record as some of my favorites were, but it isnt going to win an album of the decade poll so I did not include those that didnt have a realistic chance of winning.
Last edited by ak10 at Dec 23, 2009,
What the ****?
Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
i couldn't make heads or tails of your post. it was that retarded. so I'm just going to list my favorites.

Metal: United abominations - Megadeth, say what you want but i thought it kicked some serious ass.
Hard Rock: Black Ice - ACDC, i don't even need to defend this one. ridiculously good album
Rock: All That You Can't Leave Behind - U2. let the sales and the awards defend it for me.
Alt Rock: Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends - Coldplay: good times with this album
any metalhead 13 year olds who have a problem with U2 AND coldplay on my list can go to hell

every minute you leave this thread as is, is another minute you've earned on my naughty list.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 23, 2009,
Haven't seen the poll yet but definitely none of the above.

Either Burial's Untrue or Brant Bjork and the Operators for me.
St. Anger.

BY FAAAAR.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
Opeth - Damnation
Alice in Chains - Black Gives way to Blue

A decade is a lot to choose from...
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Quote by ak10
With the decade about to end, what is your vote of the best album of the decade? Albeit a rather weak musical decade in comparison, but it did have some great cds. Bare in mind I am not a metal fan so there were no metal albums included, but I tried to give all other genres(which use instruments) something to choose from. If you don't like any of the options, just be respectful, vote 'Other' and give your choice for your album of the decade.

you can't quite call it an equal representation if you do not include the metal genre, because metal changed alot in the past decade and therefore no inclusion of a metal album would not be right.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
i couldn't make heads or tails of your post. it was that retarded. so I'm just going to list my favorites.

Metal: United abominations - Megadeth, say what you want but i thought it kicked some serious ass.
Hard Rock: Black Ice - ACDC, i don't even need to defend this one. ridiculously good album
Rock: All That You Can't Leave Behind - U2. let the sales and the awards defend it for me.
Alt Rock: Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends - Coldplay: good times with this album
any metalhead 13 year olds who have a problem with U2 AND coldplay on my list can go to hell

every minute you leave this thread as is, is another minute you've earned on my naughty list.

Quite frankly, as a Metalhead, I'd have to say I agree with all those choices. Honestly, best choices out there. Both commercially & musically, I see nothing to argue about here.

Quote by F8iscruel
you can't quite call it an equal representation if you do not include the metal genre, because metal changed alot in the past decade and therefore no inclusion of a metal album would not be right.
+1
Keep your own preference out of this. If you dislike Metal, well, GTFO. You can't deny the cold logic that a lot of modern music is Metal, like it or not. Just cuz you dislike it doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a spot on the Poll.

And, TS, where's the fricking poll? Jeese!
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Dec 23, 2009,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
And, TS, where's the fricking poll? Jeese!

There will be about 200 albums suggested here. He can hardly make a poll.
YNWA
Quote by smb
Haven't seen the poll yet but definitely none of the above.

Either Burial's Untrue or Brant Bjork and the Operators for me.

so so good.
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
This is why there shouldn't have been a poll! TS just chose his 10 favourite albums, most of which are mediocre.
YNWA
Their all pretty lame man, sorry
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Quote by skaterskagg1

10,000 Days by Tool gets my vote. Came out in 2006 I believe.

Fix'd
man you could not have made a worse list if you tried. only half decent album there is radiohead's album.

thank god i made my own choices
Like I said, these are not my favorite ten albums, I just chose the 10 I felt actually had a shot at winning, a lot of my personal favorites would be ones that not many people heard of and thus would not get a lot of votes. I hope you see where I am coming from on these choices.
Quote by ak10
Like I said, these are not my favorite ten albums, I just chose the 10 I felt actually had a shot at winning, a lot of my personal favorites would be ones that not many people heard of and thus would not get a lot of votes. I hope you see where I am coming from on these choices.

you thought badly wrong.

this list is a car accident.
Death Magnetic

Not Metallica's greatest for sure but beats the hell out of todays music and also beats St.Anger
City of Evil.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Either Blackwater Park or Watershed by Opeth.

Quote by tattyreagh
Death Cab for Cutie? Linkin Park? The Killers?
WTF is this shit.

QFT!!!
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

On topic, Deadwing by Porcupine Tree.

Seriously though, the poll choices are hilarious.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Again, not my personal favorites, but the killers got huge in this decade, and death cab and linkin park both basically started new genres of music.
Ministry Of Sound 08.
Bring it bitches

Quote by ak10
death cab and linkin park both basically started new genres of music.

Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Last edited by nimrod_hahahaha at Dec 23, 2009,
A poll would never work for this discussion, theres about 10000000000000000000000000 albums been released from 2000-2009, and In Rainbows is literally the only decent one in that list.
Hard one. Most of the 00s I've spent discovering the music from previous decades. In my opinion this decade was as lame as 80s. My three cents.

Oasis - Don't Believe The Truth
Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos
George Harrison - Brainwashed
Stone Temple Pilots - Shangri-La Dee Da
Linkin Park - Meteora
The Black Crowes - Warpaint
Robert Plant - Rising Sand
Quote by ak10
Again, not my personal favorites, but the killers got huge in this decade, and death cab and linkin park both basically started new genres of music.

So you picked crap, mainstream music. Have you ever been on the Pit? The majority of the Pit will hate Linkin Park.
YNWA
In no particular order, just my favorites..

Tool - Lateralus
Metallica - Death Magnetic
Queens Of the Stoneage - Songs For The Deaf
Quote by ak10
If you don't like any of the options, just be respectful, vote 'Other'
You didn't put an 'Other' option in the poll. And you could have picked a WAY better White Stripes album. GBMS is their worst album!
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
Quote by tattyreagh
So you picked crap, mainstream music. Have you ever been on the Pit? The majority of the Pit will hate Linkin Park.

Linkin Park would not be in my top ten either, but you can not sit there and say they were not one of the biggest bands of the decade, that is why they are on the list.
Quote by ak10
Linkin Park would not be in my top ten either, but you can not sit there and say they were not one of the biggest bands of the decade

They were not one of the biggest bands of the decade
Quote by ak10
Linkin Park would not be in my top ten either, but you can not sit there and say they were not one of the biggest bands of the decade, that is why they are on the list.

You know what else is big? AIDs. Being big doesn't mean anything.
YNWA
Page 1 of 2