Does anyone know what overdrive Nick Oliveri uses in the QOTSA song 'No One Knows', because I WANT IT. Wiki says that he simply uses a volume pedal so worst case scenario is that its a tube overdrive on some amp that I can't afford.
Anyone?
He plays his precision through a cranked ampeg svt and 8x10
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Spaz91
worst case scenario is that its a tube overdrive on some amp that I can't afford.

Quote by skater dan0
He plays his precision through a cranked ampeg svt and 8x10

sorry for you dude

I guess you could get a tube OD pedal? EHX do this: linky link but I dunno how much that would be.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Last edited by m4l666 at Dec 23, 2009,
the closest way to get that tone without actually buying an Ampeg SVT would be to get the tech 21 VT bass pedal. Its a bass overdrive thats modeled after the SVT amp. It wont sound perfect but itll be the next best thing to an actual tube amp.
Rickenbacker 4003
Carvin 210 Neo
Ampeg V4BH
Quote by bluntfoot
the closest way to get that tone without actually buying an Ampeg SVT would be to get the tech 21 VT bass pedal. Its a bass overdrive thats modeled after the SVT amp. It wont sound perfect but itll be the next best thing to an actual tube amp.

This.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!