Since my real life band isn't really alive anymore, I thought it would be interesting to start an band on the internet.

I'm a bassplayer and I'm looking for people who would to make songs with me.

What do you need:

Some skill (I don't need any guitargods, although that would be nice)
Proper recording posibility's (being able to record you guitar/drums/vocals/keys without too much noise)

The idea is to make a own song, not covers.
Although a cover could be done to test the whole concept

An example of people who did this before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSQqBp8pccQ

The band:

Vocals: scaronyourface
Lycrisist: BrandyCross
Guitar: harlanking (lead?)
Guitar: muckypup (rythm?)
Guitar: grantjames (maybe a solo?)
Keys: 13579ed
Drums: (maybe)Mekchrious
Bass: KasperBass
Last edited by KasperBass at Dec 28, 2009,
i like the idea, and would love to be a lyricist for you , if you like
Sorry if Ive offended some kind of Punk God I should brush up on my Commandments of Punk maybe copy down the Punk Bible a few thousand times so I don't forget again sorry for my error O Punk Master Of All Things That Are Punk .
Hey there,

I'd be interested in being the guitarist. I'm fairly decent, been playing for 6 years now. What kind of music are you thinking of doing? I've got some pretty nice recording and producing gear too (Komplete 5, Kore 2). I've made a couple songs and they turned out really nicely. Send me an email at harlan_king@hotmail.com if you want to hear them.
*Raises hand* Another guitarist here! Rhythm or lead. Sound samples are in my profile.

What sort of music are you looking at? I've not written anything for a while so I'd love to get back into the swing of things!
What kind of music we could make depents on the band, I like al kinds of music which we could possibly make, metal punk pop alternativ, you name it

Great, now we have 3 guitar players:

Now we only need an Singer and an Drummer
(drums can be done with VST, but a real one would be great)

If we can;t find an drummer, we might just mail Cobus (he's great) he might just want to drum a song for us?
Last edited by KasperBass at Dec 24, 2009,
Haha ya i meant Guitar Rig 3, was just using Guitar Pro so i mixed them up. Yeah VST drums aren't that bad but a real drummer would be nice.
really? nice, it took awhile to get the the compressor right, and it still clips :/
I think we should just start on our song, so we can let a potential drummer/singer our style.

What kind of genre do you guys want to make?
Vocalist here,What kind of genres?
I can do pretty decent stuff.
I have Microphone so recording is possible.

I have a pretty wide range so as long as it's not SUPER high were good!
I can also do lots of different screams just in case you guys want to touch up in to the hardcore side.
Last edited by scaronyourface at Dec 25, 2009,
If you need a keyboard player I could lay down some stuff

Myspace.com/smounch

listen to the keyboard solo in Donnie Rowe
I'd be willing to help I have a cakewalk recorder on my computer that sounds pretty sweet and I can play a lot of different things. It looks like you have plenty of guitarists, which I can do some off, and I also know some piano and drums and I'm a vocalist.
Quote by scaronyourface
Vocalist here,What kind of genres?
I can do pretty decent stuff.
I have Microphone so recording is possible.

I have a pretty wide range so as long as it's not SUPER high were good!
I can also do lots of different screams just in case you guys want to touch up in to the hardcore side.

I think we should play grunge with an alternative bridge

Quote by 13579ed
If you need a keyboard player I could lay down some stuff

Myspace.com/smounch

listen to the keyboard solo in Donnie Rowe

That would be cool

Quote by Mekchrious
I'd be willing to help I have a cakewalk recorder on my computer that sounds pretty sweet and I can play a lot of different things. It looks like you have plenty of guitarists, which I can do some off, and I also know some piano and drums and I'm a vocalist.

Do you have some recordings of you, drumming?

The band:

Vocals: scaronyourface
Keys: 13579ed
Drums: (maybe)Mekchrious

It's going to be a grunge song,
Do you guys have got guitar pro? I'll try to make an start, and i'll will upload so you guys can look at it and change part that you dont really like

I'll make a nice build-up intro, with a short solo
Verse
Chorus
Interlude
Verse
Chorus
Interlude
Bridge (just a cool riff)
Guitarsolo
Goes into keysolo
Maybe a nice acoustic part
Which goes into 2x Chorus
Outro: Long, and psychedellic

Agree?
Hey!
I am interested in this.
This seems really nice.

I play electric guitar with some decent recording stuff. Sample:

My sound nowadays is better than this recording... now it's a better, cleaner distorted sound.

Anyway, I've never played with together with any other person (well, only few times with a friend of mine but was loooong ago). I've been playing for almost 5 years and already wrote some songs.

I'd like to join this because It would be like an experience to me. So I can know how a "band" works, writes, play, etc...

I don't like solos... xD Although I can play 'em
I really enjoy playing and creating riffs.

Any place I could get?

Thanks

PS: Sorry if I made some English mistakes.
Last edited by ThinSkin at Dec 28, 2009,
Atm we are full, although we haven't anything from the drummer yet

Maybe you guys could form another band, for another song.

If any of the other guitarplayers quit i'll contact you guys!
Last edited by KasperBass at Dec 28, 2009,
cool, do you want me to wait till after you write the music to write something for the lyrics, so i can write it to it?? oh , and i can pitch in with keys a bit
Sorry if Ive offended some kind of Punk God I should brush up on my Commandments of Punk maybe copy down the Punk Bible a few thousand times so I don't forget again sorry for my error O Punk Master Of All Things That Are Punk .
Ugh sorry this week has been nucking futs! Lol. New job of course I get sick soon after and a new years eve gig...yeah. But I should be able to get a drum cover up this weekend. Anything particular that you'd like? I haven't done much metal, but plenty of blues and rock, some grunge rock, and I have a semi funk style, much like RHCP.
Quote by Mekchrious
Ugh sorry this week has been nucking futs! Lol. New job of course I get sick soon after and a new years eve gig...yeah. But I should be able to get a drum cover up this weekend. Anything particular that you'd like? I haven't done much metal, but plenty of blues and rock, some grunge rock, and I have a semi funk style, much like RHCP.

We won't do a cover, but an own song, we're still in the writing process