Will 2 Heritage Greenbacks 20-watts each sound right with 2 old (early 90's) G12t-75's in an X pattern? im lookin for a tighter sound with alot of mids and less harsh than g12t-75 alone.

Thanks
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Last edited by peterocker at Dec 23, 2009,
ive no idea if that would actually work, but i could be wrong

EDIT:

Yes it should workas long as they are the same impedence as the speakers taken out
and have about the same db raiting
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Last edited by Carrot at Dec 23, 2009,
He knows it could work, he's wondering how it would sound.

I'm not really familiar with those speakers, but I can say that a 4x12 with that configuration would only be rated for 80 watts.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Well, I think it will sound "better" than 4 G12t-75s, but it won't make as drastic of a difference as you may hope for.

I'd say give it a shot, it's just that while both speakers have a similar sensitivity (96db and 97db, g12m and G12t-75, respectively), I think you'll still find a heavy dose of "bark" out of the G12t-75.

In addition, you'll find a pretty heavy dose of compression out of the g12m at high volumes, while the G12t-75's are going to keep going and start taking over.

Try it, and if it gets you closer, buy two more g12m's, then go forth and blues it up.

Tube is correct, for total power handling, multiply your WEAKEST speaker by total number of speakers, in this case you get 80watts.
yeah thats y. cause if i go with all greenback i would have 80watts and im using a JMP 2203 100watt head. maybe i should go with the classic greenbacks? rated at 25watts each. whats the difference?
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Quote by peterocker
yeah thats y. cause if i go with all greenback i would have 80watts and im using a JMP 2203 100watt head. maybe i should go with the classic greenbacks? rated at 25watts each. whats the difference?

No, read carefully above. The wattage of your cab is your WEAKEST speaker multiplied by the number of speakers. So it won't matter if you mix, even if there is just one greenback its still 80 watts.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
so what should i do? cause 80watts its not sufficient for my 2203 100w. will i have to buy the 25watt greenback?
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
My 2x12 has 55W Greenbacks in it. You could try emailing Weber's company or Scott Splawn at Splawnguitars and asking about pricing for a pair of them.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Scumback (southbay ampworks) makes an amazing pre-rola "heritage" g12m copy in 25, 65, and 100 watts.

Best speaks money can buy, IMHO.
Not exactly "inexpensive", unless you compare to the real deal.

http://www.scumbackspeakers.com/m_series.html#m55
I agree with the Scumback suggestion, Weber also makes a nice pre-Rola clone.

The greenbacks will give you more mids and a less harsh sound than the 75s, but in no way will it sound tighter. If anything, it will sound looser and messier.
Quote by al112987
I agree with the Scumback suggestion, Weber also makes a nice pre-Rola clone.

That's what I have in mine at the moment.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Yeah Ted Weber did some great things as far as speakers go, he was actually the one who made Scumbacks for Jim. The mytone option is great as well...

to the TS, I forgot to add, the heritage vs. non-heritage greenbacks are basically the old, vintage pre-Rola spec and construction vs. the new modern greenback reissue spec and construction.
cheers guys!
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune