So, as the title says, I'm looking for a distortion or overdrive that would work well when playing pop-punkish music. I've got an EH Graphic Fuzz which works well, but I really don't like the fact that it's not battery powered; causes too much of a hassle. On the other hand, I own a DS-1, which sounds too tinny and I can't get that 'full' sound out of it like I can with the Graphic Fuzz. So, are there any suggestions for a pedal that cn give me that full pop-punk sound, similar to the Graphic Fuzz? Price is not an issue, but preferably cheap pedals.

thanks
What amp do you have? Your main distortion (in most cases) should really be coming from the amp.
^that, and also, can't you just get a power supply for the Graphic Fuzz? If you have multiple pedals you should check out the One Spot Power Adapter.
I hate my sig
Marshall AVT 150, but I don't have a footswitch to use it, and they don't manufacture the footswitches anymore.
Quote by Ethalopian
causes too much of a hassle

How is using an adapter too much of an hassle?
Anyway, if you want a strong distortion pedal, check out the catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
Well if you're happy with the sound of the Graphic Fuzz, maybe check out a Big Muff Pi, or even check out what some of your favourite guitarists are using.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
Rectos are good for that.

Sorry, didn't see you were asking for a pedal. Maybe an MI audio crunch box might be good?
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Last edited by AmericanParadox at Dec 23, 2009,
If you are looking for a new amp, A JCM 900, Mesa Rec, Bugera 1990/333XL, Peavey XXX/JSX/3120, Bogner Alchemist, B-52 ATX, Randall RM50
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Well, apparently the Marshall pedals (especially the Jackhammer) are the thing for pop-punk type sound.
Fall Out Boy, Paramore, and Blink 182 all used the Recto line at some point, so something that sounds like that would do the trick.
im sure you could find a footswtich for your amp on like ebay or something man

for pop-punk music you dont need anything to heavey sounding at all

for distortion id look in to the MXR Distortion +. its a pretty good distortion pedal and check out the MODtone Speedbox distortion pedal. great high quality dist. units that sound pretty damn good. the boss distortion pedals are kinda weak and thin imo

for good OD pedals that a good amount of gain on tap. check out the MODtone Dyno drive and the Fulltone OCD pedal
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Quote by Ethalopian
Marshall AVT 150, but I don't have a footswitch to use it, and they don't manufacture the footswitches anymore.

Just find a footswitch on eBay, Craigslist etc. In under a minute I've just found four, priced between £20 and £50.