Im getting a 5 way super switch installed into my new ibanez with bareknuckle warpigs that i shall soon be ordering, question is, what do i wire up position 4 and 2 to do?

I play in a gothic/doom metal band, and i have been leaning more towards this setup...

Pos1 - Bridge Series
Pos2 - Bridge Parallel
Pos3 - Bridge + Neck Series
Pos4 - Neck Parallel
pos5 - Neck Series

But this is based on what ive heard other people say regarding Parallel switching, to my knowledge it drops output and adds brightness, similar to a single coil, but aparently its more transparent absorbing tone of wood more, ive heard others say it has an "Acoustic" Quality.

Just wondered what you guys thought, or if any of you have tried out Parallel swithcing and what did you think? Could anyone describe the difference in tone from series to parallel a little better?

Thanks again guys!
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
The sound you get varies from pickup to pickup. Generally I see parallell wiring to have the advantage of humbucking out the noises. The sound might not exactly like a single coil would but the amp should be able to compensate for it.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Personally, I would use a 3 way and then add 2 DPDT On-on-on switches so that you can get just about every sound possible. The DPDT's allow the pups coils to be split/parallel/series independently of one another and the 3-way just switches btw the pups.

1. B(ridge) SP(lit)
2. B P(arallel)
3. B S(eries)
4. N(eck) SP
5. N P
6. N S
7. B SP / N SP
8. B SP / N P
9. B SP / N S
10. B P / N SP
11. B P / N P
12. B P / N S
13. B S / N SP
14. B S / N P
15. B S / N S
Used to have a BC Rich Mockingbird in the 80s that was factory H-S-H with 3 -3 way toggles and the middle pikup was a Dimarzio Stack Hs 2 which went series/parallel or off.

Some stacked humbuckers ( Hum Canceling Strat types ) sound really good in parallel(the two coils in Parallel to each other)-very transparent and twangy.

I'm told the new Area series do not sound good in parallel this way however,since the coils are asymmetrical.

On the BC Rich the 2 Humbuckers went Dual / Single coil /off.

The switch from dual to single coil is more dramatic than series/parallel because you are changing the magnetic "window" to the strings,as well as the electrical characteristics of the pickup. There's a narrower magnetic field in single coil which accents different harmonics of the strings.
Thanks for the input guys.

The reason im using a 5 way switch rather than going for push pull pots is simply practicality, its easier when playing live to just knock the 5 way switch up a little than to grab a pot and pull it up i find. So when i need to switch quickly the 5 way is the best choice.

Thinking im going with parallel/series however just so its something different, ive used coil taps in the past and they have left me feeling wanting.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works