I dont know if im the only one with that problem , but everytime im not home ... UPS , FEDEX leave the package ( without asking me for a signature ) at my door or leave me a note "package left near the garage " .

now im leaving in a fairly high crime and crowded neighboorhood . i live on a boulevard where dozens of people pass everyday . i dont live in a bungalow . everytime i see a package left in front of my house , i go mad thinking that anyone could have take that package easily without being notice .

so far theyve left

- a 400 $ snowboard

- mittens and snow boot - 200 $

- a 350 $ guitar .

- a couple of dvd , and electronic stuff form amazon .

i dont know if its a regular policy form these companies but that not very bright IMO. maybe

Canadapost ( the regular postal service ) usually leave a notice that i have to pickup the package at my post office after 5:00 pm the same day ( unless the package fit in the mailbox ) . that also avoid the package spending 1-2 day in the cold during winter .

so far ... its almost a miracle nothing got stolen consering the crime rate of the neighborhood and where im located .

i just wanna know if im the only one with that problem . i hate to have package leave at my porch .. specially when their big and worth a couple hundreds of $$$ .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Nope. The Postage service over here is pretty nifty. They take it back to the Post Office and leave a note for us to come and collect it later.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
You're lucky, they at least bring it to your door. Fed-Ex routinely will deliver to any house EXCEPT mine. I have to scout my neighborhood every time I expect a fed-ex package. UPS is always solid.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
yeah this angers me too, when they do that

MC name = Bearrorism
Last edited by Gargantuan at Dec 23, 2009,
they do stuff like that to me all of the time.

Expensive crap too.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Stick a note on your door that says "Please do not leave deliveries without a signature" and they'll usually take it back to the depot.
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Quote by Vauxite
Nope. The Postage service over here is pretty nifty. They take it back to the Post Office and leave a note for us to come and collect it later.

Same, except they all go to a single place about 30 minutes from our house, not the post office I could walk to.
I recall you can also call or something giving a time that they should come back.
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
I always thought that if the item is valued over $100 that they're supposed to get a signature for it before leaving it at your home. If no one is there to sign for it, they just come back the next day or you can go and pick it up at their warehouse. They've usually been that way with my stuff.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Australia Post will always dump the package at ya door, knock and then yell "Delivery!". I live in a good neighbourhood but that just seems like an invitation for someone to come steal stuff. But if it past a certain size or something they take it back to the office and leave a note.
GEAR
'09 Fender American Standard Strat
Jackson X10 Rhoads V
Peavey 75w Vypyr
Tanglewood Evolution series acoustic
Crybaby Classic
Squire Strat

FOR SALE:
Behringer 120 Wat V-Tone stack - $600
Quote by The Arsis
I only go with USPS/Canada post because UPS either rips me off or gives me outrage fees. I never tried FED ex.

so do I when i get package from the U.s but within canad a, theres no taxes or brokerage/*duty fees .

the reason im writing is that my friend live in appartmenet in connecticut and is coming back to canada for 10 days during the holydays . but with the storm and everything .. the package i ordered on the 19 could be deliver by this morning and hes coming here this morning . thats not a big problem for me ( ill pick it up later when i go in CT ) , but my friend wont be back until January 4 and the fed ex package is on his way . i hope they wont leave it at the door of his appartment . theyve done that in the past . theres over 16 condos , anyone could stole the package . he wont be there for 10 days .

i hope they wont be stupid enough to leave a guitar in form of an appatment of a 16 condo unit . theyve done that in the past .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Don't get anything delivered to your house?

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
well they do that and they re not planning to change that anytime soon.
What? This is my sig...

Gear:

Guitar(s)
Silvertone: Revolver

Guitar FX
Boss ME:70

Amps/Speakers

Silvertone 15 watt amp
Logitech Practice Speakers

Cables
1 Neutrik 15ft cable
1 First Act 4 ft cable
I've always gone with UPS, I just leave the door into the garage (not the house) unlocked and a note saying "UPS- please leave package inside garage. Thank you." And when I get home, it's right there in the garage, out of weather and out of sight.

I guess someone could still walk in there and steal it, but I live in an area where people are more concerned with hunting down/lynching all the faggots and niggers in their big jacked up trucks GodBlessAmerica as opposed to stealing your new RAM... so yeah.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Last edited by thankyougermany at Dec 23, 2009,
Every time I get a package when no one's home, they leave it with my neighbor
Quote by Skysc
so do I when i get package from the U.s but within canad a, theres no taxes or brokerage/*duty fees .

the reason im writing is that my friend live in appartmenet in connecticut and is coming back to canada for 10 days during the holydays . but with the storm and everything .. the package i ordered on the 19 could be deliver by this morning and hes coming here this morning . thats not a big problem for me ( ill pick it up later when i go in CT ) , but my friend wont be back until January 4 and the fed ex package is on his way . i hope they wont leave it at the door of his appartment . theyve done that in the past . theres over 16 condos , anyone could stole the package . he wont be there for 10 days .

i hope they wont be stupid enough to leave a guitar in form of an appatment of a 16 condo unit . theyve done that in the past .

I would call them and ask them about it. Ask if there is an option for them to leave a note instead?

BTW I think your safe because someone has to be there to sign for the guitar and pay for the fee. Don't forget that too.
Last edited by The Arsis at Dec 23, 2009,
For one: Delivery services shouldn't really do that for the reasons you've stated.

Second: For things so expensive you should really stay in, unless you needed to go out (Which you might have done, I don't know.)

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I don't see the problem unless you're buying some one of a kind item or scored an auction item for a price so low you'll never get it that cheap again. If it is stolen, you'll file a claim and get a replacement item for no extra charge within the next week.

I've had dozens, probably hundreds of packages left on my porch and I've lived in some pretty ghetto places. Never had a problem: give people a little credit.
On the original waybill filled out by the shipper ( not UPS / Fed-Ex ), there's an option to indicate "no signature required". It's possible that the shipper is marking this on the document.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
They left my 700 dollar guitar on my front door...
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Just call them and ask them to deliver it to the local post office where you can pick it up at your convenience.
yeah, they leave them in the bushes in my front yard, so i find them maybe days later soggy as **** from rain/snow.
my fault though for not tracking them/caring
but still annoying...
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I have EVERYTHING left on my porch, unless it's too big, in which case, it will be left at the beginning of my driveway, right in front of my garage. I feel safe though, it's a nice neighborhood where no one would steal it.

Hm. They always leave a little note that hangs from my door knob. UPS, Fedex, whatever... I've never had a package left on my door.
I haven't had any problems, but a friend of mine had a package of his thrown over his next door neighbors' fence while he was out.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
They do this where I live too.

I'm not so much worried about my packages getting stolen, so much as them being exposed to the elements. It gets anywhere from 100-115 degrees outside a good amount of the year.
Quote by BassisticT
My Ex firlfriend once shaved my butthair... A day later my butt looked like Freddy Krugers Face >.< Couldn't sit comfortable for like 4 Days.

Quote by Sir-Shredalot

Not sure what is worse the fact they watched a bbc drama series or they downed ethenol
Get a big box, higher than an arm's length, with a keyed door at the bottom. Leave instructions to drop items in the box. Moreover, pay me royalties for giving you a great product idea.
UPS always leaves everything on my steps, one time it was 2000.00 worth of computer parts, they left my firepit there, and lots of other small items, ive called and asked many times to ring the bell someone is ALWAYS home but nope they never did so i started using USPS and they always knock when i have something bigger than the mailbox.
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
I've always wondered why they do that. They used to leave a note asking when you wanted your stuff dropped off but they don't anymore.
most of the time they leave stuff sitting on the chair beside the door on the porch if no one's home, but it doesn't really matter to use cuz we live way out in the woods and have a fairly long driveway. of course if it was something that could be effected by the temperature that would irritate me.