"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives, jobs. And maybe your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery, isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance. Of how much you really want to do it. And you'll do it, despite rejection in the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods. And the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is."

- Charles Bukowski

Isn't this awesome guys? Makes me want to quit university and do unspeakable things with my life!
Are You Shpongled..?
Last edited by nugiboy at Dec 23, 2009,
yeah until you're broke and have a crappy job

Edit: the poem's name is roll the dice

so it's more like a gamble really

but why not have both? keep up with university and do freaky stuff when you can

it's a win win situation
Last edited by ComradSputnik at Dec 23, 2009,
Yeah! Quitting your job and leaving school has worked out for SO MANY people before! ... Oh wait, no it hasnt.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I know that in reality its not going to be as glamorous and poetic as that, but doesn't part of you just wonder when you read it?
Are You Shpongled..?
Last edited by nugiboy at Dec 23, 2009,
Quote by nugiboy
I know that in reality its not going to be as glamorous and poetic as that, but doesn't part of you just wonder when you read that?

well yeah, Bukowski is awesome

My other favourite poem is 'Some people'
TS that post was larger than Natalie Portman's forehead.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
I was reminded of this (they have this poster in my school a few places):

Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
Quote by nugiboy
I know that in reality its not going to be as glamorous and poetic as that, but doesn't part of you just wonder when you read that?

If you wanna do something great then just go for it man, regardless of what other people say. That guy with big green writing in his sig comes to mind, with the really uplifting speech in it.
Quote by MoroneSaxatilis
TS that post was larger than Natalie Portman's forehead.

LOL.

Anyway... He could also mention that most of the times things don't work out the way you want them to. If they did, I would quit school right now, run away to California, start a band with 4 other guys and become one of the greatest bands in the world, but there's a slim-to-none chance that all of that will fall in place. Which is why I'm going to college to major in Audio Engineering

EDIT: But now that i come to think of it, it would be a pretty wild ride even if it doesn't work out... Hmmmm.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Dec 23, 2009,
On the other hand

"Think about it like this: In 200 years you will be dead. I will be dead. Everyone you have ever known or spoken to, or had feelings for or passed in the street, will be dead. Everything you own will have been lost and destroyed. Everyone who spoke about you and remembered you will have gone. There will be no trace that you have ever existed, anywhere, ever. So really, there's no point doing anything!"

- Poet on the rock

Are You Shpongled..?
Lets apply that to drugs "Hmm i might do some pot to see what its like, but lets go the full way get some heroin and die from an overdose"
Quote by JimmyBanks6
this man is of knowledge

Woo someone said i was smart, how silly
Quote by mini flea
Lets apply that to drugs "Hmm i might do some pot to see what its like, but lets go the full way get some heroin and die from an overdose"

But everyone knows not to do heroin unless you're a complete moron

Pot is amazing though, I'll never need any other drug as long as I have pot
This poem about determination makes you want to quit university?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
I dig that first quote, cuz we are all going to die at one point why not make life an adventure and try to achieve something great, look at Pres. Lincoln he failed so many times but kept at it and finally he became president. im not saying that if you keep trying you will make it, im just sayin that most of us are afraid of failure, but like the second quote said in two hundred years no one will remember anyway so why not try? even if you fail you will have some damn good stories
your a wreck, an accident, forget the freak your just nature, keep the gun oiled and the temple clean, shit snort and blaspheme, let the heads cool and the engine run, because in the end everything we do is just everything we've done.
-corey taylor
NIGHT SCHOOL
from Dangling In the Tournefortia

in the drunk driver's class
assigned there by division 63
we are given tiny yellow pencils
to take a test
to see if we have been listening
to the instructor.
questions like: the minimum sentence for a
2nd drunk driving conviction is:
a) 48 days
b) 6 months
c) 90 days
there are 9 others questions.
after the instructor leaves the room
the students begin asking the questions:
"hey, how about question 5? that's a
tough one!"
"did he talk about that?"
"I think its 48 days."
"are you sure?"
"no, but that's what I'm putting
down."
one women circles all 3 answers
on all questions
even though we've been told to
select only one.

on our break I go down and
drink a can of beer
outside a liquor store.
I watch a black hooker
on her evening stroll.
a car pulls up.
she walks over and they
talk.
the door opens.
she gets in and
they drive off.

back in class
the students have gotten
to know each other.
they are a not-very-interesting
bunch of drunks.
I visualize them sitting in a
bar
and i remember why
I started drinking
alone.

the class begins again.
it is discovered that I am
the only one to have gotten
100 percent on the test.

I slouch back in my chair
with my dark shades on.
I am the class
intellectual.

Oh hell yeah (nothing to do with the subject but i like that one)
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
What yu mean wen yu say half caste?

Love that poem.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Meh, I like Bukowski as much as the next guy( or aren't we supposed to hate him? I think that's the point), but the voice of moderation usually accompanies the best vantage point. When you completely throw yourself into something you often lose the very perception that could make you successful at it if you just took one critical step back.

I think more people break into success through objective thoughtfulness than through throwing themselves headfirst into the middle of something. (Of course thoughtfulness doesn't mean being too passive and meek to know when and how to act).
While i am all for following your dreams and all that, it dosen't hurt to play the game by the rules sometimes, i mean, these people who dropped out of school and became famous are one in a million, they just happened to be lucky or unique or talented enough to gain recognition. So as sad as it is, you should get some sort of foundation or be working on getting one before abandoning the rules completely, otherwise if you try and get a job with no qualifications, people will just laugh at you.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by nugiboy
On the other hand

- Poet on the rock

Wait..that just motivates me to reach for the sky. If nothing I do will matter, then I can do whatever I want.
The first time I heard of Charles Bukowski was in a Modest Mouse song.
Quote by technicolour
Wait..that just motivates me to reach for the sky. If nothing I do will matter, then I can do whatever I want.

Yeh i see that point of view now to.
Are You Shpongled..?