hey guys i need some help. I have a marshall 9200 poweramp that i run into a 2x12 with warehouse vintage 30's (the 75 watt ones). i'm running at 8 ohms and i have the switch on the back of my amp set to 8 as well. i'm using a pod x3 live as my preamp (which im finding to be super confusing!). anyway i'm getting sound out and all that but its not as loud as i think it should be (i should not be able to put the volume up to 7 in my house and play comfortably....... i bought this thing for playing live and im not getting enough volume out to jam with drums even). maybe i have it hooked up incorrectly? im using channel "B" and my cable from my pod x3 goes into the channel "B" input and then i have a speaker cable going from the channel "B" output to my cab. the thing i don't get is that there are two "loudspeaker" outs for channel B (and A respectively) so im just running my cable out of channel B's right loud speaker output. am i doing this right?
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Whats the volume on ur pod ? and is the live out level, the small switch above and to the right of the "tone level" knob on "amp" or "Line"
Last edited by Orethor at Dec 23, 2009,
If your cab is stereo compatible you could try running the x3 into each of the 9200's channels and then respectively out of each channel into the the two inputs of the cab.

Or you could just turn up the x3's output.
the volume is up on the pod i think. and i have it set to "amp"
U want it on line. amp level is so u dont overload the imput of am amp, but ur plugging into a power amp...if u switch it to line it will get a lot louder so turn everything down first.

the 2 outputs on each channel are so u can run 2 cabs per side so u could run 4 cabs, 2 a side in stereo.
Last edited by Orethor at Dec 23, 2009,
oh ok right on. i figured that was the point of the two speaker outs. il try it out on 'line". also anyone have any links to a tutorial on how to use the pod x3? its slow going trying to figure everything out on it
Quote by Orethor
Theres a tutorial in the pilots handbook isnt there ?

yes but i'm not getting very far with it lol