Hey, what exactly is true bypass?
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
When a pedal is off, the signal goes through a little wire to the output jack instead of through the circuitry. Don't let it make or break a pedal for you.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I'm guessing true bypass is a good thing or?
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
In certain contexts, yes. It's always nice to have but like I said, don't let it influence your decisions too much.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
it is a good thing if u like ur original tone when it doesnt go through the pedal.
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
True by pass is good, but you should always have a buffered bypass pedal at the beginning of your chain to prevent your signal from degrading.
^This. Think of it this way; true bypass means the signal is not altered by the pedal when it is off. Well, cables and wires naturally lose some signal just because of their length, so the 'original' signal that TB passes through really isn't the true original signal from your guitar; its been degraded. So to combat this, some pedals have 'buffers' that beef up the signal a bit to compensate for the loss in the cables. Too many of these buffers, or bad buffers alter the signal too much, however, so you have to find a happy medium.

All TB = Tone loss do to cable lengths.
All buffered = Overly processed signal, that is a degraded version of the true signal.

My board has one buffer, and the rest are TB.

Edit: It wouldn't matter where your buffer is in the chain if all your other pedals are TB, because they aren't in the signal path anyway.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
^This. Think of it this way; true bypass means the signal is not altered by the pedal when it is off. Well, cables and wires naturally lose some signal just because of their length, so the 'original' signal that TB passes through really isn't the true original signal from your guitar; its been degraded. So to combat this, some pedals have 'buffers' that beef up the signal a bit to compensate for the loss in the cables. Too many of these buffers, or bad buffers alter the signal too much, however, so you have to find a happy medium.

All TB = Tone loss do to cable lengths.
All buffered = Overly processed signal, that is a degraded version of the true signal.

My board has one buffer, and the rest are TB.

Edit: It wouldn't matter where your buffer is in the chain if all your other pedals are TB, because they aren't in the signal path anyway.

pretty much.

the other thing is, a lot of the buffers in mainstream pedals aren't that great. if all your pedals are true bypass, at least you don't have any poor buffers which are doing more harm than good, and then you could always get a good-quality, standalone buffer which you know sounds good.

if you have any pedals which you leave on all the time, you probably won't need a buffer, either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?