I have the balck one i don't think u would need to change anything unless u really want to i can play rock/ska/metal whatever on it and it sounds great!
Quote by Ital_Stal
get a bone nut and possible pickup upgrade?
but upgrade the pickups to which ones?
I dont think you'd need to change anything. Just because its an Epi doesnt mean it's bad, i have one and i like it better than most Gibsons ive played
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
Take a look at my Gibson LP Studio on my page.

I changed all of the hardware from black to creme and it looks drop dead gorgeous. Just by doing that, it will inhance the appeal of your LP.

Not sure on what music you play but really any Gibson pups will be an upgrade from the stock Epi ones. I personally like the 57 Classics.
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
Last edited by IdntNedUrCvlWar at Dec 23, 2009,
Quote by ironmaiden_98
I dont think you'd need to change anything. Just because its an Epi doesnt mean it's bad, i have one and i like it better than most Gibsons ive played

oh ok. Well im just curious because ive heard from different places that this or that should be changed to make it better. So i decided to ask you guys, the experienced people, to clear things up.
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
Take a look at my Gibson LP Studio on my page.

I changed all of the hardware from black to creme and it looks drop dead gorgeous. Just by doing that, it will inhance the appeal of your LP.

Not sure on what music you play but really any Gibson pups will be an upgrade from the stock Epi ones. I personally like the 57 Classics.

i play stuff from punkish (green day, blink 182) to harder rock (Avenged Sevenfold)
Get a decent set of straplocks. I wouldn't trust the stock ones for anything. Guitar Fetish has a good set for a pretty low price.

The stock tuners, I've found, are alright. If you don't mind tuning up every day (which takes five minutes at most), keep them. If you're planning to do wild and crazy bends, get some locking tuners.

I've heard bone nuts (and graphite nuts) do wonders, but installation isn't easy to do... I haven't bothered changing out the nut on my guitar, and it does just fine.

If you're a heavy-handed player (AKA if you like rape your guitars brutally), get a roller bridge. You can find a good (and cheap) one on Guitar Fetish. They'll keep your strings from snapping near the bridge. I find that the stock bridges on Epiphones tend to be a little sharp-edged.

And for the love of all that's holy, change the strings when you get the guitar. Strings are a hot topic, but I personally favor D'Additios. If you don't have a preference, try them all out and find out which ones you like most.

I'm assuming you already know this, but I'm just going to say it for the sake of completeness... Make sure you do a good setup. Truss rod, action, intonation, the whole shebang. Guitars ordered from the internet generally have a good a setup as a box of crackers with a rubber band on it.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Quote by MusicalMinority
Get a decent set of straplocks. I wouldn't trust the stock ones for anything. Guitar Fetish has a good set for a pretty low price.

The stock tuners, I've found, are alright. If you don't mind tuning up every day (which takes five minutes at most), keep them. If you're planning to do wild and crazy bends, get some locking tuners.

I've heard bone nuts (and graphite nuts) do wonders, but installation isn't easy to do... I haven't bothered changing out the nut on my guitar, and it does just fine.

If you're a heavy-handed player (AKA if you like rape your guitars brutally), get a roller bridge. You can find a good (and cheap) one on Guitar Fetish. They'll keep your strings from snapping near the bridge. I find that the stock bridges on Epiphones tend to be a little sharp-edged.

And for the love of all that's holy, change the strings when you get the guitar. Strings are a hot topic, but I personally favor D'Additios. If you don't have a preference, try them all out and find out which ones you like most.

I'm assuming you already know this, but I'm just going to say it for the sake of completeness... Make sure you do a good setup. Truss rod, action, intonation, the whole shebang. Guitars ordered from the internet generally have a good a setup as a box of crackers with a rubber band on it.

Thanks Alot!! thats alot of info. Soo for example, which of these would you suggest? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Strap-Locks-Straps---Strap-Locks.gc?src=straplocks