I bought the student discounted edition of Windows 7 and partitioned my Macbook Pro. I've partitioned my hard drive before and nothing went wrong with that process. The only issue came when I went to put in my product key. It said the key was invalid (which it wasn't, I checked both my print-out and my confirmation email and I had the correct key). I later found out on the Microsoft site that the issue was that the version you get with the student discount is an upgrade. To have it work properly, I need to have a previous form of Windows installed and then use the Win7 upgrade. Is there a way around this or do I need to somehow get a version of XP or Vista and try to do the upgrade?
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
Get Vista from a torrent site, ot take Windows 7 back and get that from a torrent site
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Just borrow someone's windows xp disc install it and then install windows 7. Doubt there is some fix for that problem.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Looks like you bought an upgrade and not the whole package. You have three options

1. Buy the full version

2. Borrow a copy of XP or Vista

3. Find your own copy of XP or Vista (legally or illegally)
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
So would I just remove the Windows 7 partition and redo the partition with XP or Vista?
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
Quote by xMetalGodx
So would I just remove the Windows 7 partition and redo the partition with XP or Vista?

yes
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Alright, thanks for all your help. Hopefully this works.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I'm in the exact same position.

Keep your upgrade copy, and just borrow an XP disc (quicker install, but Vista will work fine too) to use.

Install XP on the Mac through Boot Camp then when on XP run the installer for 7 that you have.

Easy.
Quote by necrosis1193
Somewhere in a concert hall in Sweden, you have just caused Yngwie Malmsteen physical pain. You also caused him to catch on fire.

Quote by frusciante.ve
I like that new song of theirs that goes all "peeeeeaaaas wiiiill comeeeeee toooo meeeee"

Just because you Seymour Duncan, doesn't mean you Seymour Dunshould
Basically, Windows 7 is smart enough to know it's on a Mac, and has gone on strike until you buy a PC.
Quote by MightyAl
Basically, Windows 7 is smart enough to know it's on a Mac, and has gone on strike until you buy a PC.
Quote by tattyreagh
We need some 11 year olds on the case.

Yes, 11 year olds. The solution to all of life's problems.

At least, the solution to all those problems which can be solved by sexually abusing 11 year olds.
if you bought the student edition of Windows 7, then you ought to be able to also buy student editions of XP/Vista as well. I know at my school we can still purchase these as well as buying the upgrade to 7. If that's the case at your school too, then it would be as simple as buying that, installing it, and then using your 7 upgrade disc.
Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.
-Victor Hugo

Last.fm Page