I have a low wattage tube amp, and I'm trying to decide between the Ultimate Attenuator and THD Hot Plate. My biggest priority is to get a great sound (cranked tube amp) at bedroom levels. I understand there will be some tone loss as with all attenuators, but any advice, experiences with the two, will be apprciated. I can get the UA for only about $100 more than the Hot Plate. Is it really worth it?
I'd go with a Weber attenuator. I have a Mini-MASS for my BH Little Giant and it definately does a good job of keeping the volume down while hardly sucking any tone.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I'm running a special on ebay for the latest and greatest UA for $419 shipped. It is loaded and has a money back guarantee and a lifetime warranty. I guess I don't need to say that I think it's the best tone and value at any volume, right? You can go to the UA website for links to the auction or contact me directly.
Thanks! Mark Gregg.
MASS + Power Amp > UA, though it's 2 boxes on top of your amp instead of just 1.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Natrone
I'd go with a Weber attenuator. I have a Mini-MASS for my BH Little Giant and it definately does a good job of keeping the volume down while hardly sucking any tone.

I have a MASS 200 on the way. Could be 1-2 months as Ted Weber died and his kids are running the joint, and I think they are behind due to the holidays.

I was sold on the fact that the Weber's have an actual speaker motor in them.
Quote by 58LPCustomTobac
I have a low wattage tube amp, and I'm trying to decide between the Ultimate Attenuator and THD Hot Plate. My biggest priority is to get a great sound (cranked tube amp) at bedroom levels. I understand there will be some tone loss as with all attenuators, but any advice, experiences with the two, will be apprciated. I can get the UA for only about $100 more than the Hot Plate. Is it really worth it?
No chance in hell. None whatsoever.

Try using the humble old overdrive pedal, specially designed to achieve exactly what you're looking for

Otherwise, try an amp with Power Scaling, or Fluxtone speakers (if you don't mind spending $700ish).
Quote by thinkorswim
I have a MASS 200 on the way. Could be 1-2 months as Ted Weber died and his kids are running the joint, and I think they are behind due to the holidays.

I was sold on the fact that the Weber's have an actual speaker motor in them.

They're great attenuators. I bought mine off Forsaknazrael on here and fixed it up a bit.

If you really lower it to quiet levels, it sounds a bit squashed, but still not bad.

What it's really good for though is running at about 2:00 and cranking the piss out of the amplifier. It's still stupidly loud, but at least you don't get eardrum perforation.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.