I have this ungodly problem with my hands getting sweaty whenever I'm playing guitar, whether it's around friends, or when I'm alone in my bedroom trying to play a solo. It's very frustrating, especially whenever I'm trying to practice a solo, and I know I need to get my lead chops up, but I'm having difficulty because my hands get moist, and thus, I don't do as well. Does anyone else get this problem? And if so, is there any advice you can offer me?
I love having moist hands, easier slides
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
I seem to be having that very problem today. In between playing guitar and playing Call of Duty, it's being a pain in the ass.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
My hands never get sweaty. I hate it when people with sweaty hands play my guitar, then I always have to wipe down the neck when they leave.
Wipe your hands between songs and after playing use some string cleaner.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Same problem here?
And it does not make sliding easier, at least in my case...
Although I use some kind of anti-sweat-thingy which works pretty good.
Gear:
Some sort of guitar, of some sort.
Another one
Big amp
Small amp
A pedal
A pedal again
Some kind of box that goes into the computer.. Haven't figured out its function yet.
Lose some weight? lol that was mean

but srsly I'm pretty skinny and I've never sweated noticebly while playing guitar.
Quote by Kumanji
The only thing that matters in music these days is money - genuinely talented artists are passed over entirely or corraled into making non-offensive, non-threatening average music that sells.
Quote by zomghax

but srsly I'm pretty skinny and I've never sweated noticebly while playing guitar.

.. What does weight have to do with this?
Gear:
Some sort of guitar, of some sort.
Another one
Big amp
Small amp
A pedal
A pedal again
Some kind of box that goes into the computer.. Haven't figured out its function yet.
I gotta say the same thing as just about everyone else. Wipe both your hands when your done with a song. When it comes to your picking hand, it helps to wipe off both your hand AND the pick. The pick still has the moisture from your fingers when you're done, so wiping it off removes the moisture and helps you get a better grip.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Last edited by Sewn Up at Dec 23, 2009,
Cold hands suck worse
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Try to wash your hands with soap every once in a while.
try a light coat of just plain baby powder.
and wipe down your strings/neck/guitar etc...
or try to play near a vent for a nice breeze.

hope that helps.
Quote by Masshuu

Wow... worst job in the world? Terrible product, I wonder how that sells...

Hey man, its easy you just go in there and get the Gorilla to blow his nose. What if he won't? You make him!
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
Quote by everythingdies
Fat people sweat more...

Playing a guitar wouldn't really make a fat person sweat any more than a skinny person if they are just sitting there.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by AlterEdge
Wow... worst job in the world? Terrible product, I wonder how that sells...

Hey man, its easy you just go in there and get the Gorilla to blow his nose. What if he won't? You make him!

How else would I make a living
You think I'd do one of those crazy jobs like working in IT? Those people are out there. I think I'll stick to what normal people do and get the gorilla's fluids thanks!
Call me Matthew.
My hands are always sweaty. It sucks because whenever I use someone's cellphone or Ipod touch, I always leave some sweat on them.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Cold hands suck worse

In fact, my hands are both cold and sweaty right now.
Quote by zomghax

Dude, I've been called anorexic before (even though I'm not)....I'm a beanpole