I know it seems like a pretty big an almost impossible job , but i'm a huge Foo Fighters fan and would love to have Dave Grohl's guitar. They don't make it a LH model so i would love to buildone myself. Do any of you guys have an idea where I could get a suitable body and neck / headstock from?

Thanks

EDIT:
Here's a picture of the original.
http://www.gibson.com/press/custom/product/2007/DG335.jpg
Quote by TheQuailman
So I was sneaking up on that girl with that rag and some chloroform...

Quote by Oh Shize
Tell her to get back in the kitchen.

SAVE GIBSON
Last edited by Geo Rules at Dec 23, 2009,
freakin HUGE picture, man :/

it sounds more like you're looking for an assembly than a build.. I don't know of anywhere that sells a body like that, though.. you'd probably need it custom made, or to build it yourself.

or you could find an existing left handed hollowbody, and mod it to look more ghrol-ish
Quote by james4

I don't know of anywhere that sells a body like that, though.. you'd probably need it custom made, or to build it yourself.

If I was to build it myself how would you reccoment going about that?
Quote by TheQuailman

Quote by Oh Shize

SAVE GIBSON
well, it's not exactly something that you can just explain in simple steps or anything..

do you have any woodworking experience, or access to tools? and have you done any guitar modifications before?
if you answered no to any of those, I think modifying another guitar would be a better idea.

or, if you've got the money, like I said.. getting it custom built
Quote by james4
well, it's not exactly something that you can just explain in simple steps or anything..

do you have any woodworking experience, or access to tools? and have you done any guitar modifications before?
if you answered no to any of those, I think modifying another guitar would be a better idea.

or, if you've got the money, like I said.. getting it custom built

I don't know anywhere that can custom build guitar bodies
Quote by TheQuailman

Quote by Oh Shize

SAVE GIBSON
warmoth.com has a custom shop..

you can probably find local luthiers who'd build it for you, too. ask around in a local shop, do some searching on google, and all that.
..it'll probably cost quite a bit, but if you're up for the price you'll be able to get exactly what you want..
^^^ Guy beat me to it! Lol

Warmoth has some similar bodies, but not the 335 shape. A single cutaway version, though. And you add f-holes, and get a firebird neck.
But by yourself, a semi-hollow is not going to happen. If you are asking questions on here, you probably don't have the skills to do it. No offense whatsoever.
Here's the link:

http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/CustomBody.aspx

And their products are considered some of the best. And they are relatively cheap as well. My PRS looking body that I want (I'm a lefty too, so screw PRS. Lol) is only $1100. And that's 5A maple top, black korina body, everything.

I highly suggest you consider Warmoth.
Finding hollowbody body is hard much less a lefty. Same is gonna apply to the neck. Not sure what they do besides the headstock and some cosmetic stuff to make it different than another model of hollow body. A place like warmoth doesnt do guitars like this and warmoth doesnt do set necks either. So your only way to get this guitar lefty is to pay a luthier to build one, but it wont be cheap.