Hey everybody, a noob needs a little bit of help here. I have a couple pedals that I've been using for the past month or so. Until I get the time or money to make or purchase a pedalboard, I've been using batteries for each pedal. After a couple days however, the pedals will die and I'll have to replace the batteries. This is my usual procedure when playing guitar:

Turn amp on - play - turn amp off.

My guess is that the way I do it is too simple, lol. Should I unplug my amp when I'm done playing? And why is it that the batteries in my pedals die out so quickly?

Thanks in advance guys
unlug the guitar cables/leads from your pedals too. this will improve battery life.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Unplug the cables from your pedals. Leaving them in can drain your batteries in almost every case.

And also you dont have to buy a pedalboard. I would just get 1 spot 9v adapters for your pedals. Probably a cheaper alternative knowing what most pedal boards run for..
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
BUY A F**** ADAPTER WITH DAISY DAMNIT!

No but seriously an adapter is only like 15$
Thanks for the replies. I just looked into adapters, and I must say that does look like it'd come in handy. Not surprised I've never heard of one though

So with an adapter, I use the 'daisy chain' to connect every pedal to the adapter, and use the first + last pedals to plug into the amp + guitar? Also, do you recommend that I still unplug the cables when using the adapter?
Well if you have the adapter it wont really make a difference. Turn the pedals off though cus' having them on constantly could shorten pedal life.
And yes the daisy chain just hooks into all your pedals and it hooks up the same as it normally would.
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by Amateurplayer:P
Thanks for the replies. I just looked into adapters, and I must say that does look like it'd come in handy. Not surprised I've never heard of one though

1)So with an adapter, I use the 'daisy chain' to connect every pedal to the adapter, and use the first + last pedals to plug into the amp + guitar?
2)Also, do you recommend that I still unplug the cables when using the adapter?

1)Well, you still need patch cables between each pedals
2)No, it doen't matter if you use an adapter