Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
It's a Dual Rectifier, just with added reverb and tremolo knobs. So, if you know how Dual Recs sound (the ones with 2 channels, like the Tremoverb, sound best), then you should have a pretty good estimate of its sound. I have a Rectoverb (Single Rectifier) and it is my baby that said, GO FOR IT
Quote by TheRectified
Awesome amp. Buy it. Now.

THIS

do it now, it is a dual rectifier with more
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

its actually a great amp for clean and mid gain sounds. ive even heard them for jazz.
it really depends on what your style is though. it is a nice amp.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
what are you looking to play? I've played it, and while I like it more than the regular dual recto, i still probably wouldn't buy one for myself. If you're looking to play metal it's pretty good, but also pretty limited to just metal. It lacks badly in cleans, at least to me. I like a vox tone clean, and it just sounds sterile to me. If you want cleans AND metal, consider a Mark series amp, the Roadking, or a Lonestar.
^I've heard Tremoverbs have some of the best cleans out there... But that's just heresay.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
^I've heard Tremoverbs have some of the best cleans out there... But that's just heresay.

they do. but some people just dont like certain amps, he probably just doesnt like that amp. personally, i cant stand vox amps.

moral of the story is:
everyone has different tastes, so try out the amp and see if you like it.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
From what I hear, they're discontinued, but you can always find them used. I've seen them on Craigslist for between $800 and $1200
Quote by tubetime86

clean doesn't just mean clean. there are many different kinds of clean.
there is Fender Clean - very sharp bright, and crystal clear
Vox Clean - very open,shimmery and airy, more of a "vowel" sound to fenders "consonant" sound
Marshall clean - glassy and bright, somewhat sterile
Mesa Clean (this one comes in 2 stages): Lonestar clean which is more like a fender, and Recto clean, which is more like a marshall. I just don't like that "marshall flavored" clean.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 23, 2009,
I've owned a Trem-o-verb head for 10+ years. It's been my main amp in my live rig since.

If I had a dime every time someone says it's a Dual Rec with Trem and Reverb....I'd be rich man. That my be kind of true, but those who say that have never owned or played one. Similar, but not the same. Different voicings on the channels...different setup.

Depends on what you play, but this is very versatile amp for the money. It is capable for metal playing, but more suited to hard rock and blues.

With the right cab and speakers the cleans are great. These are not VOX clean tones as this amp is based off a Fender platform. If you play though V-30's in a rectifier half stack, it leaves something to be desired, but plenty good for rock cleans for effects. A Twin Reverb leaves something to be desired through V-30's also in my opinion.

Very well built...heavy, quality construction...no plastic. I've seen 2x12 combos from $850 US to $1200 for pristine condition heads. They've been out of production since late 90's early 2000's I think. Somewhere around there don't quote me on the exact date.
TS you still haven't told us exactly what you'd like to sound like.

Metal exclusively: Dual Rectifier
Metal And some more vintage voicings: (Vintage by mesa standards) Dual Rec Tremoverb
Hard Rock: Blue Angel (still a recto, but in name only)
Vintage: Lonestar
Hard Rock, Metal, Vintage, and Cleans: Mark Series
Everything under the sun: Roadking
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
TS you still haven't told us exactly what you'd like to sound like.

Metal exclusively: Dual Rectifier

Don't agree with this at all. The Rectifiers can cover quite a bit of territory.
Mesa Rev. G Triple Rectifier
Mesa Series II Single Rectifier
Mesa Stage 1 Stiletto Deuce
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
I loved my T-Verb combo for the time I had it, yes it does the Recto thing but the vintage mode with tube recto was where I lived when I had it. I found it best for rhythm work I couldn't get a smooth enough lead sound for my liking. Still way more versatile than many people give them credit for.

Cleans on the combo are great in my opinion but thats my opinion and it depends what flavour of clean you want. Certainly much better than the modern 3ch Recto's unless you want to go for a Roadking.

My only major problem is the loop. Its parallel which means most effects don't work well, the only effectsf that work well are delays and reverbs. It was too much of an issue to me and sadly after a few faults with the channel switching in the particular amp I had it was retuned for a refund and I found my Diezel.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by TheRectified
Don't agree with this at all. The Rectifiers can cover quite a bit of territory.

Exactly.

Mesa MARK V is my pick for ultimate metal amp from Boogie.
Quote by thinkorswim
Exactly.

Mesa MARK V is my pick for ultimate metal amp from Boogie.

I disagree with that.

The Mark IV is. The V has less gain and doesnt have the "liquid" leads as does the IV or III or IIC+. It has more bass but...

As for the Tremoverb, do you use the tremolo effect for anything? cause if not, you can just get a rectoVERB. it's the same thing but with just reverb and its cheaper.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
thanks for the input guys.
I think I'm gonna go for this. A different mesa might suit me a little better but I at the price I'm gonna pay for this head used I don't think I can pass it up.
My favorite mesa boogie. Kills for metal and pretty much any gain amount. The cleans are good, just not my preference.
And to everyone who always references the mk series, my bet is you have never played one
Also the tremo sounds way different than any other recto imo
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
The way I see it the Tverb is the best recto combo that isnt a Roadking.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso