I have a Fender MIM Strat Sunburst and i was looking into buying an epi les paul standard... wud i b taking a big step up or should i save my money and go for something else? My amp is a line 6 spider III 15w
Quote by MetalGuitarest
i'm just gunna tell yeh now since everyone else will.. save up for a new amp instead.

wow some ppl tell me its a great amp, others tell me its horrible? WTF
Replace that amp. You probably could tell the difference in sound with an Epi LP std, but a lot of people wouldn't. And your Strat probably plays better (is this ME saying this?)
Spending the Epi money on a better amp will be a better buy. Later when you know what sound you want, you can save for a suitable guitar.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by DespisedIcon
Save like 800 and we will talk.

Yo are crazy man. lol +1 on the Vypyr.
if your gonna get a les paul get an agile
ESP KH-202 emg-hz
ESP KH-502, duncan custom 5, duncan 59
1978 alverez acoustic
Peavey valveking 100 head
line 6 4-12 cabinet
EVH flange, wilson q-wah, boss chorus ensemble, dunlop brick power supply
Quote by AC/DCfan1616
wow some ppl tell me its a great amp, others tell me its horrible? WTF

The amps good for beginners. It Allows you to play different genres easily. As far as quality wise it's a bad amp. If you play that then go to a decent tube or ss amp you'll hear a big difference in the change in tone. I'd save up for a new amp. Start building your ears up to better tone. Look into a decent budget tube combo. Can always get a second guitar down the road.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by AC/DCfan1616
so what amp u recommend? ive got 200 on me right now

if it's possible to save up more then do it. Vypers aren't bad but you can do better than that. Maybe try some non modeling amps
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?