good evening, im currently in the process of saving money toward a top end amp, and im lost at where to start. ive played a mesa amp that i really enjoyed, but im looking for alternatives. ive heard alot of good things about engl amps, and a couple of others, but without having a music store close enough, i dont have the chance to try them out.

the style of music i play is in my sig (not intented as a shameless plug, but its the perfect example of what style of music i do)

thanks for reading
I'd look for an Engl - Personally I like the Invader best but the Savage, Powerball and maybe the Fireball are worth checking out. Cab wise, if you can afford it I'd get a 2x12" Mesa Boogie Cab, or otherwise anything with V30s. Bear in mind a 2x12" with V30s thru a 50w+ head is going to be sh1tloud though - you'll need to keep that master low!
thanks for the replies so far, looking like i might be swayed to get a engl after all, got a couple of months to look into it yet.

is there any cabs that you would recommend? as i presume it'd be a waste having such a good amp with lower quality cabs.

thanks again
Quote by lord_abyssium
thanks for the replies so far, looking like i might be swayed to get a engl after all, got a couple of months to look into it yet.

is there any cabs that you would recommend? as i presume it'd be a waste having such a good amp with lower quality cabs.

thanks again

like I said, a mesa cab would be great, but anything with V30s really - check out Avatar, and if you're strapped for cash after your amp, these aren't at all bad (at least the 'Vintage' model isn't):
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm?sid=5df7745ee67fbeb2e63b2c9533f05952
my computer won't let me listen to the stuff on myspace... what type of tones, br00tz, basically?

for that kind of money, i'd be looking at (in no order- personal preference in addition to the exact type of metal you play will no doubt tell you which is best for you):

engl
soldano
brunetti xlr-evo
cornford heads
vht
bogner
mesa
diezel
koch
mesa
framus
splawn
genz benz
krank

etc. etc. etc.

Load of options, really.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
my computer won't let me listen to the stuff on myspace... what type of tones, br00tz, basically?

for that kind of money, i'd be looking at (in no order- personal preference in addition to the exact type of metal you play will no doubt tell you which is best for you):

pretty much the music is old school thrash/death metal with a little grind in there, but with a groove element like pantera in there.

really just looking for alternatives to mesa, as i played on one and loved every second of it, but like with most things in life there is always just as good, if not better alternatives. cause of the money ill be spending i really want to get the best i can get for it. thanks for the list of amps, ill be certainly checking them out in the near future
ok, cool, thanks. Yeah, just basically look at all the ones I listed (there are probably a bunch i forgot about, too), and some of those brands may have more than one model which'll do what you want, so basically just try everything you can.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Since you appear to be in the U.K., take a look at the Blackstar Series One amplifiers. They are supposed to be very good, and they've finally started selling them in the U.S. The reviews in the trade magazines have been fantastic, and if they are as good as the Artisan 100 that I played through, they will compare favorably to just about any high-end amplifier.