On my guitar amp head there's a 1x16 ohm output, and two 1x8 or 2x16 ohm outputs. On my cab there's a 16 ohm stereo output and an 8 ohm mono output (the cab is a 2x12 btw). How should I connect the head to the cab if I wanna play using both of the cabs speakers? I just wanna make sure I get this right so I don't blow something up, haha. (Btw the head is a Blackstar HT-5 and the cab is a Harley Benton 2x12 with V30s).
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Dec 23, 2009,
8 Ohm from the head to 8 ohm mono on the cab. The cab's jacks are inputs not outputs BTW.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
8 Ohm from the head to 8 ohm mono on the cab. The cab's jacks are inputs not outputs BTW.

Really? But wouldnt I be playing using only one speaker of the cab then? You see, you can choose between using a single speaker or both of the speakers, so wouldnt it be like playing with 1x12 cab then?
The mono setting means its running both speakers from one input. The stereo means you need two inputs; one for each speaker.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
The mono setting means its running both speakers from one input. The stereo means you need two inputs; one for each speaker.

Allright, thanks.

Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Allright, thanks.

No problem, you definitely want to use the mono input on the cab, so just make sure to match the ohms of that to the output you're gonna use on the head.

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Tube's right, the stereo (16 ohm) input on your cab is the one that's only 1 speaker.
You have 2 16ohm speakers wired in parallel, giving a total impedance of 8 ohms. (mono).

EDIT: Wow, I'm slow today, LOL...