Hey!

What are the GGAs opinions about the EHX Metal Muff? I've been thinking about getting it, because it sounds really good!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
ehh...its better than *most* distortion pedals with the word metal in it...what amp will you be using it with?
Bugera 6262 thru a Framus 212, when they finally arrive
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Quote by Axeaman
Bugera 6262 thru a Framus 212, when they finally arrive

you won't need a metal muff then...the 6262 will have plenty of distortion. Think about getting an OD and/or EQ pedal instead. To tighten and mold the gain that the Bugera already has.
Quote by eyebanez333
you won't need a metal muff then...the 6262 will have plenty of distortion. Think about getting an OD and/or EQ pedal instead. To tighten and mold the gain that the Bugera already has.

+1
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Oh okay!

What EQ would you recommend?
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
MXR 10-Band EQ
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
MXR 10-Band EQ

+1

Or the danelectro fish n chips if you're on a budget. Look into a tubescreamer of some sort for an OD.
I have a EHX Metal Muff and it's pretty nice. It will never beat a tube saturation but it's very nice. And it allows for a wide range of distortions. It's a nice bet even having a good amp distortion for it allows u to achieve different tones. But always try it before buying it.

But the MXR Eq will give u a nice range of tones and if u already have a nice amp it's the best way to go.

If ur not totally happy with ur distortion then get the metal muff otherwise the EQ
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
i have one and it is good for heavey metal but can be a bit trebly and also it is only versatile within the metal or hard rock genre...no blues or abything
Schecter C-1 classic
Fender Blues Junior

EHX metal muff
Digitech Hardwire delay
Rockband mic (gotta record some how)

new guitar: $282/$500
The Metal Muff is alright for metal tones, I couldn't get versatility out of it though.

Just use the Bugera's drive, it will be better than the Muff. I'd recommend a OD pedal over an EQ pedal though.

A tubescreamer, or MXR GT-OD.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
IF you want metal distortion then you should get a amp that can do it...well. or if you have a amp that is decent and is tube just get a tubescreamer to tighten things up.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
I had mine for a week before i resold it.
It sucked imo, i just couldnt get a good heavy distortion that wasn't trebly and digital sounding.
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String
Boss Tu-2
Boss RC-2
Yeah, I'm buying a tubescreamer soon!
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
The EHX Metal Muff is my current favourite pedal. But yea, with that amp/cab rig don't bother.
404: Sig not found.