Ok so today i decided to crank my JCM900 4100 dual reverb today and all was well, then I powered it down and turned it off.
A couple of hours later I went to play it again and there was hardly any volume, I turned up to 8 and on a 100w amp that could deafen someone but I could hardly hear it.
I've tried different speaker cables an instrument cables and different guitars with it, i also looked at the cab and all the connections seem fine, so I'm guessing it must be the head. I got it direct from the Marshall factory and It's only 9 months old and never been gigged and hardly outside.

Can anyone help me with this problem?
Guitar: Fender Standard Tele

Amp: Marshall JCM900 4100

Pedals: Boss DS-1, Dunlop Crybaby, Dancelectro CC-1, Ibanez LU-20
Check the tubes.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
The tubes are all lit up bright, and look the same as they always have, they're not loose or anything like that either.

How'd you get a JCM9004100 from the marshall factory 9 months ago? they're not made anymore....
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
oh that sucks.... i crank my JCM 900 4500 all the time and it`s a 1st year 900 from 1990

if it`s 9 months old.... don`t even touch it, contact Marshall, doesn`t Marshalls have a 3 or 5 year warrenty.

i was just blasting my 900 just now testin out mah new 2315 KK Kahler
Quote by SwampAshSpecial

thats just a overview of marshall amps isn't it? Go look on MF or Sweetwater. you cannot buy one new AFAIK
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I know a guy who works a Marshall HQ down the road from where I live and he bought it straight from factory using his discount so i got it for like £400 new.
It's still in the marshall catalogues and shizz and ive got a new one so they must still make 'em ;P

sounds like tubes. do you smell burning? is the amp hot? it could also be your output transformer which would suck. are you sure the tubes look fine? Are they lit up brighter than usual? are the plates inside the tubes red?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Nope, no smell of burning, the amp hasn't overheated, nothing's red and I'm absolutely certain that the valves look the same as always.

well yea definitely take it to a tech. from that description i don't know anything else that could have happened besides a blown output transformer, or some kind of resistor or capacitor failing.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by Bostonrocks
How'd you get a JCM9004100 from the marshall factory 9 months ago? they're not made anymore....

Yep they still make them.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Does Marshall have slow-burn fuses? If that fuse is blown on Mesas the tubes light up but the volume barely registers. Usually a tube somewhere, although it may still be lit up.
Quote by ChuggyMcBr00tlz
Yep they still make them.

Are you sure? will you please give me a link to where I can buy one new?

^Yes. they do. and yes the tubes will still light up with a blown fuse
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era