My friend is looking to buy a new guitar and asked me for some help. He wants something like my Cu24, but his budget is only 1000 USD. So pretty much he wants something with good coil tapping, 24 frets, and pretty versatile. Would it be worth it to buy a SE Custom 24 and replace the pickups? Oh yeah, he mostly plays metal, but also plays a little blues/rock/cleaner stuff. He also does not want a trem system. Thanks for any suggestions.
Any suggestions on which RG model (there's about a million of them)? I usually see them as shred guitars, not necessarily clean ones. Any links to videos? Also, I think i read some Schecter's have coil tapping features and that they were pretty good for their price.
Schecter C-1s all the way.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Last edited by Dream Floyd at Dec 23, 2009,
Ibanez RGT gets my vote, that thing is minty (literally on the green one).

Just needs a pickup change down the road.
Does your friend mind going used? They might be lucky enough to snag a used CU24 for around there but the ones I've seen generally aren't the flashy models and are old.
Get a hardtail RG, go for the prestige hardtail series if it fits your budget
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
Hmm, I talked to him and he said that he didn't really like the RG necks because they were too thin and made to hard to chord. Also, he doesn't want EMGs, and would like something with the options of at least bridge hum, bridge single, neck hum, neck single. I would recommend a use Cu24, but the PRS used market is really terrible here. Thanks.