Well it seems as if sense Velvet Revolver went on hiatus, Slash has been making signature guitars left and right. Well ladies and gentlemen, he's done it again. A new signature Marshall amp, another Les Paul, and now ..... Signature Pickups. http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=420167906&blogId=523334889

Quote by Slash
I'll be at the NAMM show next year announcing the New "Slash model" Marshall, as well as a new signature Les Paul & a signature set of Seymour Duncan pick ups, all of which will be available early in the new year. I played the new "Slash model" prototype with the new Seymour Duncan pick ups at the KLOS Christmas Show at the Nokia recently & they sound fantastic. The performance was a little loose, but the guitar sounded great ; )

I'm a huge Slash fan but this is getting a bit ridiculous. I think the Marshall is a great idea but this all seems extremely extensive.

Thoughts?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Thats some sick stuff right there. Slash is one of my favorite guitarists being from my role model band Guns n Roses, thats AWESOME
I'm distracted by the fact that Slash typed a winky emoticon.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I'm distracted by the fact that Slash typed a winky emoticon.

totally rock and roll
he probably did something i do alot, i sometimes accdidently do those sense the : and the ; are on the same key, so he might of to put a instead of the creepy rapist
Last edited by Rhino299 at Dec 23, 2009,
i dont really understand why everyone needs their own sig stuff. only people with unique gear should get a sig model. all he has is a les paul with SD alino 2 pros, and a marshall that i cant recall. all of this can be bought as a perfect recreation of his tone at a fraction of the cost of all this sig nonsense, and then ull have his name all over everything and look like a tool/poser...

(i realize saying all this while owning a tremonti sig makes me look like an ass, but i got it at a steal, so shhhh )
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by Rhino299
Thats some sick stuff right there. Slash is one of my favorite guitarists being from my role model band Guns n Roses, thats AWESOME

I like Slash, but he's an awful role model.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by xxunder-takerxx
i dont really understand why everyone needs their own sig stuff. only people with unique gear should get a sig model. all he has is a les paul with SD alino 2 pros, and a marshall that i cant recall. all of this can be bought as a perfect recreation of his tone at a fraction of the cost of all this sig nonsense, and then ull have his name all over everything and look like a tool/poser...

(i realize saying all this while owning a tremonti sig makes me look like an ass, but i got it at a steal, so shhhh )

Signature stuff kinda is like buying a redskins jersey that says Moss on the back, Its like showing your appreciation for that player
The marshall should be good, don't think he needs another guitar out but suppose the pups will be good for those who are deeply influenced by him..

HELLO!

Quote by xxunder-takerxx
and a marshall that i cant recall.

That's what I'm curious about. I know he's used the Jubilees in the past, and Vox AC30's to record recently, but I'm not sure what Marshall's he's using live these days. Will it be another modded 800 like the KFK and Zakk sigs? or a re-issue Slash Jubilee? He had a Snakepit Signature Marshall in the 90's but I don't remember what amp it was...

Quote by JamesLPs
The marshall should be good, don't think he needs another guitar out but suppose the pups will be good for those who are deeply influenced by him..

The pickups he uses are SD Alnico Pro II's. And Unless the new LP is based off of his '59 that he gave back to Joe Perry then it doesn't seem all that appealing to me. I liked the Standard he put out with the tobacco burst but they stopped making them...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Last edited by JayT44 at Dec 23, 2009,

Thank-You, someone who agrees with me

And yes, why do you need a custom Slash whatever when you can buy a Les Paul, change the pickups, buy a Marshall and be playing exactly what hes playing?
Strat Copy
Epi Les Paul Black Beauty
Iby JS-100
Takamine G406S

Marshall MG15MSII
Traynor YCV50B

AB>Crybaby Standard>TU-3>DS-1>DS-2>ML-2>ZW-44>B.O.R.

EHX LPB-1>Phase 90>Milkshake Chorus

"Keep on rockin' in the free world"
Quote by Rhino299
Signature stuff kinda is like buying a redskins jersey that says Moss on the back, Its like showing your appreciation for that player

I explained that
the marshall signature is a terrible idea. I guarantee you won't be getting his sound out of it, since he has never revealed what mods he had done to his original SLP
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
the marshall signature is a terrible idea. I guarantee you won't be getting his sound out of it, since he has never revealed what mods he had done to his original SLP

+1.

He himself doesn't know what he did to it. He said in his autobiography that he's tried and tried again to find or recreate the original Appetite sound and that he can't do it.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Last edited by Weeping_Demon7 at Dec 23, 2009,
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

It's all bout sex drugs n rock n roll man. Those are usually bad role models for anybody
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
well slash's AFD amp wasn't a regular SLP+. it was a modded Marshall Super Tremolo, with the tremolo stage replaced with another gain stage , aka SIR stock #39-also used by Lynch around the same time.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
ya'all missed out the top hat smiley.

Iiiii|; ),
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by JayT44
That's what I'm curious about. I know he's used the Jubilees in the past, and Vox AC30's to record recently, but I'm not sure what Marshall's he's using live these days. Will it be another modded 800 like the KFK and Zakk sigs? or a re-issue Slash Jubilee? He had a Snakepit Signature Marshall in the 90's but I don't remember what amp it was...

The pickups he uses are SD Alnico Pro II's. And Unless the new LP is based off of his '59 that he gave back to Joe Perry then it doesn't seem all that appealing to me. I liked the Standard he put out with the tobacco burst but they stopped making them...

At the moment I think he's using Vintage Moderns, or he was with VR. He's proabably trying something new for the solo album. So it could be a VM that sounds a bit more like Slash? I dunno really not sure what direction he'd go with it.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

A new 'Slash Model' Marshall eh?

Could there be a Silver Jubilee reissue on the horizon, or is he still 'using' that Vintage/Modern crap?

Slash is doing great, though it's a shame to see the fella still helping sell guitars for the world's shittiest guitar company....especially with the added irony that his favourite LPs aren't even Gibsons.
Business as usual.

EDIT: Do you know what'd kick ass? If the Slash Sig was a two-channel amp with two different circuits:

Ch1: 1959SLP, both channels jumpered together
Ch2: Silver Jubilee 2555, lead channel
Last edited by kyle62 at Dec 23, 2009,
They should make a 3 channel amp. One with the Plexi clean, one with the Appetite crunch, and then a Silver Jubilee 3rd channel.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
They should make a 3 channel amp. One with the Plexi clean, one with the Appetite crunch, and then a Silver Jubilee 3rd channel.

Yeah then put a $7,000 price tag on it. Am I crazy or has Marshall's prices been getting just as ridiculous as Gibson's?

That would be pretty amazing though...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
True, The sounds not gonna be as good, but probably still a good sound if your using a Signature guitar on the Signature amp
According to Slash on twitter, it would be based on the amp used AFD

@SlashHudson dude can you tell us a little about the Marshall amp? How close will it be to your tone. Really excited about the Derrig!
@jamesstu22. Its based on the Marshall JCM 800 I used to record "Appetite for Destruction"
Quote by slashfan31
@jamesstu22. Its based on the Marshall JCM 800 I used to record "Appetite for Destruction"

What? Why do we need a clone of Slash's clean/rhythm amp?

Looks like this might just be another 'maximum profit with minimum of effort' Marshall job, add some fancy branding and a few tweaks to their standard JCM800 circuit even though it's not the 'Appetite amp' by any account.
Last edited by kyle62 at Dec 24, 2009,
^ It was one of the 4-holer 800s.

You can get the same tone out of my 2204 though.

Pres 7
B 7
M 4.5
T 8
Master 6
Pre 6.5

Roll the guitar neck tone back to about 2 or 3 and you have instant Slash lead tone.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.