Hey I've reccomended this forum and am asking advice on getting a new amp (I have read FAQs but sorry if this is wrong place/banned thread).

I'm looking for a half stack amp for gigging for around £300-£500 (used definitely acceptable). I play alternate rock type music so im interesting in an amp with good dirty channel, and a decent/passable clean channel - obviously within reason for my low budget. More than one channel is a must. I use a fender standard telecaster, if that makes any difference. I've looked at getting a Marshall AVT 150H second hand if anyone has any opinion on that particular amp, aswell as a Peavy Vavleking.

Asking for a fair bit for the money I know - but any suggestions/opinions?
theres not many heads and cabs for that price, you may be able to get a combo thought.

the only head and cab i can think are those crappy line 6 spider valve things or those new marshall mg, but really i would either save up more or buy a combo.
There was a head and cab suggested to me that I really liked - the only reason I didn't want it was cause of the power..

Bugera V55HD and a bugera 200W stack can be bought together for little over £400 I believe..

HELLO!

Quote by 1jack369
theres not many heads and cabs for that price, you may be able to get a combo thought.

the only head and cab i can think are those crappy line 6 spider valve things or those new marshall mg, but really i would either save up more or buy a combo.

Yeah I want to avoid those two for sure. I thought I would beable to pick up a used head and cab in that price range of some quality though no?
Quote by tomm1992
Yeah I want to avoid those two for sure. I thought I would beable to pick up a used head and cab in that price range of some quality though no?

By those two do you mean the bugera included?

And it is of great quality if you do..

HELLO!

Quote by JamesLPs
By those two do you mean the bugera included?

And it is of great quality if you do..

Oh no that was to the Line 6 and MG.

Im looking at bugura v55HD right now and cleans sound really good for money. I'm not so sure about distortion channel though. Does look good on first view though thanks for the suggestion.
avoid the avt, if you ask me.

what do you mean by alternate rock? could you list some bands?

when you say halfstack, would a head + 2x12 be ok?

Edit: congrats on reading the stickies, and you're in the right place, don't worry
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
used TSL or DSL you could a combo easily and possibly a dsl50 and a used marshall 1960a cab if you search round enoguh
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
Line 6 Spider III 120 (for sale £90)
Quote by tomm1992
Oh no that was to the Line 6 and MG.

Im looking at bugura v55HD right now and cleans sound really good for money. I'm not so sure about distortion channel though. Does look good on first view though thanks for the suggestion.

No problem if you're not too sure and want some unique distortion maybe a pedal would help, either way hope you enjoy your decision

Have fun

HELLO!

Just gonna throw this out there. I think this will fit the bill if you were looking at an AVT.

http://www.coda-music.com/product_info.php?cPath=170&products_id=5445

Marshall TSL 122 £449.

That will easily be gig worthy.

I can also attest to the service Coda provide, if anything goes wrong they will sort you out with either a fix or a refund. They were awesome when the Mesa I got secondhand from them went wrong.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Last edited by halikus at Dec 23, 2009,
Quote by Dave_Mc
avoid the avt, if you ask me.

what do you mean by alternate rock? could you list some bands?

when you say halfstack, would a head + 2x12 be ok?

Edit: congrats on reading the stickies, and you're in the right place, don't worry

Yes head + 2x12 would be fine for what im looking for (pubs and smallish venues). And by alternate rock im talking sort of Muse, Radiohead, Jesus and the Mary Chain, but aswell as wanting to cover heavier and lighter areas to some degree such as Beatles or more metal type stuff.

Quote by superfish1232
used TSL or DSL you could a combo easily and possibly a dsl50 and a used marshall 1960a cab if you search round enoguh

Cool thanks I'll look into those. I was more interested in cab and head for future but combos would be fine at the moment.

Quote by halikus
Just gonna throw this out there. I think this will fit the bill if you were looking at an AVT.

http://www.coda-music.com/product_info.php?cPath=170&products_id=5445

Marshall TSL 122 £449.

That will easily be gig worthy.

I can also attest to the service Coda provide, if anything goes wrong they will sort you out with either a fix or a refund. They were awesome when the Mesa I got secondhand from them went wrong.

Looks good so I won't be pushing that wanting to run at loudish pub levels and small venues? (have read amp guide just wanting to confirm for particular amp) And good to know about Coda, cheers.
You defiantly wont be pushing that amp unless you move to very large gigs. 100w is a monster but you will be able to open it up as the amp will sound good at small gig levels.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
thanks. those jcm2000s are probably worth considering. you could also take a look at the tube laney heads.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Do you definitely need a half stack? 'cause a used Vox AC30 + Proco Rat would be right up your alley if you stretched that budget just a little and got lucky

Also maybe take a look at the Laney Lionheart series? Good quality low to mid gain amps.