I know its a little late,but I want just one more thing for Christmas, a booster pedal. I have a overdrive and multi effects pedal and my amp is the ad30vt(which i enjoy) If I got a booster pedal would it work well and I can use it as a distortion pedal when the knob in one the whole way right?
Gear:

Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Thinline
Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
no, don't bother. boosting SS and Digital amps doesn't work out well. and using OD on them is just as bad, unless your OD'ing the clean channel-in which it sounds ok but not usually better than your built in distortion.

you need to just focus on a new amp if you're not getting the desired tones from that one.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
^ true about boosting digital and SS amps, just doesnt sound good.

i disagree about using od pedals though. often the distortion on low end SS amps is fizzy or just bad. a quality od pedal through the clean channel can often sound a lot better. sure youve got a strange rig when your pedal costs more than your amp, but ive done it and gotten some decent tones.
in case u cant go for a new amp check out EHX treble booster and bass boster and decide what u need. They are cheap and very nice pedals.
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
if u want to build it sure, it's nice. But the EHX should be cheaper than that :P
Actually I already have an enclosure so that's $12 less plus i have a 10% coupon.
Gear:

Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Thinline
Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
oh, so if u have electronics experience go for it. It's more fun to build