Hey, does anyone know of a marshall that isn't an MG__FX(one of the ones most UGers hate) for under say £500, I want a good quality amp, either of standard or better than bugera V22..

So does anyone know of one..

Thanks guys..

HELLO!

Last edited by JamesLPs at Dec 23, 2009,
look into ceriatone, brown, mojotone, and metropoulous amps

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by loudog93
can I ask why you are so set on a marshall? just wondering.

Cause Marshalls kick ass!

Maybe used JCM 900 4100 or the new Marshall MA when it comes out.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by loudog93
can I ask why you are so set on a marshall? just wondering.

Probably guitar hero kid...
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
Well past experiences mostly, used those higher up and thought those further down might not be so bad, if I can't find a good one in my range then I'm just sticking to a bugera

So basically so specifically marshall because I got down to 2 brands

EDIT: I R N0 gh fanboy.. why does liking marshall make you a gh kid anyways?

EDIT No2: http://www.giggear.co.uk/p/Marshall-MG4-Series-MG15HFX-Stack/ I'm guessing for the price that would be fairly crappy..

And I see a JCM 900 combo used for £550, looks nice, shame I won't be able to make that much money soon enough..

Maybe they would take a bit off if I traded in my spider..

Anyway keep the advice coming guys

HELLO!

Bump! Btw I really like the look of MA50C, how would this compare to a jcm 900 as if its not dramatically worse I'd probably rather save myself the few hundred..

HELLO!

Since it hasn't been asked yet:

Genres you play?
Willing to go used?
Nearest major city?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Just avoid Marshall all together if you are on a tight budget, their modern stuff is pretty overpriced for the quality.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
well dont be set on marshall. itll be hard to find a good new one for that price. i would try going used if youre absolutely set on marshall. there are some other good brands too. just keep on the lookout
GH fanboys usually only hear of marshall and line 6 and have bc rich warlocks.
Only cus they can play expert and their parents are amazed and think they have talent. =p
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
My bad, should of included that..

I play mostly rock, but sometimes i need clean, sometimes i need distortion, never any black metal stuff like that though, just need a good amount of crunch n the ability to have clean..

And yeah I'm willing to have used, used's working then used's fine

And this is kind of not applicable cause no matter where i go i won't find one.. Living in the UK sucks for music..

But.. If you count Leeds as a major city then I'm in it.. if not then maybe manchester..

HELLO!

ValvePower 18w it's a clone of a Marshall 1974X and it only costs £300 and it's great for classic rock
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Thread resolved.. thanks a lot guys

HELLO!

Quote by Jesstaa
Cause Marshalls kick ass!

Maybe used JCM 900 4100 or the new Marshall MA when it comes out.

Marshall's are highly overrated amplifiers. Even the one that I have is still overrated.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Marshall's are highly overrated amplifiers. Even the one that I have is still overrated.

This. Everything since the Jubilee has been half-arsed, cashing-in type stuff.
They could stick a Marshall logo on the PA system from an ice cream van and people would still rush out and buy it.
Quote by kyle62
This. Everything since the Jubilee has been half-arsed, cashing-in type stuff.
They could stick a Marshall logo on the PA system from an ice cream van and people would still rush out and buy it.

That's not to say they're bad amps.

I love my 2210 to death. But yes, since about 1990, there quality has been slack.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
That's not to say they're bad amps.

I love my 2210 to death. But yes, since about 1990, there quality has been slack.

JCM 900? I wouldn't call that low quality, I know it's a matter of opinion but I think generally people like the quality of the amp.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
oh wow another marshall hate thread
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
the New Marshall MA series is right up your alley

i don`t know where people think Marshall suck, like really, is everyone going bandwagon or something... Marshall will be the only thing to back me on stage, just last friday my MARSHALL JCM 900 saved the day for a guy who`s Krank died on him ON STAGE!!! ilet him use my 900 which let see... his krank was 2 years old my Marshall is almost 20 years old.. but ya Marshall is bad.. ok
Quote by Slayerdeath
the New Marshall MA series is right up your alley

i don`t know where people think Marshall suck, like really, is everyone going bandwagon or something... Marshall will be the only thing to back me on stage, just last friday my MARSHALL JCM 900 saved the day for a guy who`s Krank died on him ON STAGE!!! ilet him use my 900 which let see... his krank was 2 years old my Marshall is almost 20 years old.. but ya Marshall is bad.. ok

Never said it was bad. Said it was overrated.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Never said it was bad. Said it was overrated.

overrated eh???

I play thrash, my 900 is AMAZING for thrash... i`m not targeting you out, i`m just SICK of people dissing Marshall, there NOT overrated... not to MY ears at least.

like the new Haze models... man i LOVE those.... the HATED, Marshall JCM 2000 TSL.. i put one against a Krank and a Mesa... i like the Marshall more, always have always will.

a hotrodded JCM 800 2204... GODLY!!!

can`t wait to get my hands on a Marshall MA to try it out

ya i`m a Marshall fanboy, but guess what... i love the Marshall tone and well my Marshall hasn`t failed me on stage.... so i`ll stick with the best
Odd that you say yours hasn't failed you on stage, I've had my JCM 900 for close to a year and have already had to replace the speaker and output transformer.

The point people are making is just simply:

1. Trying to Marshall cheap isn't really worth it, the quality is bad.

2. What is good of Marshall is usually very overpriced, and you can get something that sounds as good as it for less.

(This goes mainly for modern stuff)
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
Odd that you say yours hasn't failed you on stage, I've had my JCM 900 for close to a year and have already had to replace the speaker and output transformer.

The point people are making is just simply:

2. What is good of Marshall is usually very overpriced, and you can get something that sounds as good as it for less.

hey landon... ya NEVER not once has my Marshall failed me.... i`ve gigged with it MANY times, it bounces around in the back of a Chevy cargo van in the fridged cold i run the volume at 6+ 75% of the time WITH a MXR 108 EQ with the low end dailed in to earth shaking levels.. i had an amp builder tell me a year ago that my output transformer would blow up in a matter of time with the crazy load i put on it.... my heads been rock solid, short of throwing it off a cliff. this head wont die

my nephew runs a JCM 900 4100... once again rock solid, he`s in my band so he pushes his head just as hard and it bounces around in the same chevy van.
Quote by Slayerdeath
hey landon... ya NEVER not once has my Marshall failed me.... i`ve gigged with it MANY times, it bounces around in the back of a Chevy cargo van in the fridged cold i run the volume at 6+ 75% of the time WITH a MXR 108 EQ with the low end dailed in to earth shaking levels.. i had an amp builder tell me a year ago that my output transformer would blow up in a matter of time with the crazy load i put on it.... my heads been rock solid, short of throwing it off a cliff. this head wont die

my nephew runs a JCM 900 4100... once again rock solid, he`s in my band so he pushes his head just as hard and it bounces around in the same chevy van.

yep my tsl has been through hell and back and has NEVER failed me.

I run my mine hard as hell like you. The only thing I had to do is change tubes. This is over a course of 5 years.

Wow that sounds real unreliable.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by acdclandon

Agree 100%. Marshall do make some excellent amps (and have made some much better ones in the past!) but you'll need plenty of cash to get a good one. All their new cheap tube stuff is no better quality than Bugera, for double the price.
Quote by Slayerdeath
overrated eh???

I play thrash, my 900 is AMAZING for thrash... i`m not targeting you out, i`m just SICK of people dissing Marshall, there NOT overrated... not to MY ears at least.

like the new Haze models... man i LOVE those.... the HATED, Marshall JCM 2000 TSL.. i put one against a Krank and a Mesa... i like the Marshall more, always have always will.

a hotrodded JCM 800 2204... GODLY!!!

can`t wait to get my hands on a Marshall MA to try it out

ya i`m a Marshall fanboy, but guess what... i love the Marshall tone and well my Marshall hasn`t failed me on stage.... so i`ll stick with the best

If you'll look at my sig you'll see that I too play a Marshall and love it.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild