Hello,

I will be leaving with family on Christmas vacation shortly, and leave the house for a week. Now, I have an electric that I recently got, and have no hardshell case for it yet, only a gig bag. I'm wondering, where in the house would be it best for guitar in a gig bag to be stored?
take it with you and piss people off wherever your stayin, plus you wouldnt get out of practice
your a wreck, an accident, forget the freak your just nature, keep the gun oiled and the temple clean, shit snort and blaspheme, let the heads cool and the engine run, because in the end everything we do is just everything we've done.
-corey taylor
Quote by britishsligean
keep it in a warm dry place a closet should be ok

Upstairs closet or downstairs?
Quote by Always-Ben
Upstairs closet or downstairs?

Basement

but really, don't put it in your basement.
In the basement under the water heater. lol j/k Really your closet should be fine, when I leave for more than a few days I put it in a box with clean towels and leave it under my bed.
I put my epiphone in my gig bag then in my bed as if it were me.... call me crazy haha.
Quote by Gibson74
I put my epiphone in my gig bag then in my bed as if it were me.... call me crazy haha.

hahaha awesome.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
If no one is going to be home while your on vacation the bed is a good place to leave it. In a closet is a good idea too. I would put it in a corner and push some clothes up against it so it will not slide or kind of hide it in case of a break in.

John
put it in a case
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
put it in the bathtub ..... run some copper pipes threw the tub ... pump liquid nitrogen threw those pipes .... fill the bath tub with water and let it freeze ... BUT you are not done .... Then ... Empty a 5 gallon bucket of lighterfluid on top of the ice .... Light it ... and watch the rest of the house burn down .... Dig a hole ... put the ashes of your family in the hole ... then unfreeze the guitar (if the flames didn't do it) put it in your gig bag and wrap it in a blanket and place it next to a hobo ... don't say i never helped you out Bro-ham!
Originally posted by adVENTURA
if your in a punk band just do like Lars and Tim in rancid and scream like you got marbles in your mouth.

Check out my Music Here
Quote by Gibson74

That's probably better than me. I just leave my guitar on my stand, and have my acoustic and bass on my sofa.
lay in on your bed, under the covers. with a pillow under the neck...that way it won't be uncomfortable for your week gone.
i got a better idea .... Go Pawn it ... so it can hang out with other guitars for that week ... then just go back and pay your fee and take it back home... it'll be like a guitar day care
if your in a punk band just do like Lars and Tim in rancid and scream like you got marbles in your mouth.

Check out my Music Here
In a house without a humidifier, what's the place likely to have the best optimum temperature?
unless your guitar is made out of the Ghost Tree of the wahchati tribes ... where the souls of 1000 warriors reside ... i think your over reacting a bit ... unless you live in a green house moisture should be a problem ...as far as temperature .... i dout if it gets cold while your gone you'll come home and your guitars headstock and tailpeice will be touching ... i'd still say buy a case soon as possiable ... they help slow down the temperature change and make it more gradual so it less of a strain on the guitar

Check out my Music Here
Quote by Dezerado
i got a better idea .... Go Pawn it ... so it can hang out with other guitars for that week ... then just go back and pay your fee and take it back home... it'll be like a guitar day care

lol
Quote by BelowZero
you like bass sound. wanna go crazy on stage. and want a "place for a whammy bar"

have you been playing for two weeks?

go get a squier....

Quote by jess2112
I've heard of a guitar with five colored frets, but they don't play well.
yeah i really wouldn't worry too much. if you only play 2 hours a day your guitar still does 22 hours of sitting around. i wouldn't worry a whole lot about how to care for it when it's almost fine for a whole day as it is. i'd just do whatever it is that you always do.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip