I was looking to get a Marshall amp when I came across a Marshall MA50H, which i like a lot the only problem is spending so much on the head left me little for the cabinet,

I also considered getting combo, but as I would like to only have to upgrade my cabinet i thought it would be better to get the head then i don't have to sell my entire amp every time..

ANYWAYS! Is the MHZ112A any good or will it compromise my sound quality..

If the Epiphone Valve Junior cabinet is any better i could get that

Thanks for your time guys

HELLO!

Last edited by JamesLPs at Dec 23, 2009,
I feared that reply, but it was given in a very british manor :P

HELLO!

budget for the cab is preferably less than $220, or in english terms about £200 at a stretch.. didn't think of used..

HELLO!

Too low power.

Get the Framus 2x12 or the Harley Benton 212 from Thomann.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Too low power.

Get the Framus 2x12 or the Harley Benton 212 from Thomann.

Anyone know if the Marshall MC212 is any good?

HELLO!

Quote by JamesLPs
Anyone know if the Marshall MC212 is any good?

they're supposed to be like the mg i think they even share the same speakers, and that cab is hated
Ugh -_- I have no luck..

Can anyone suggest me a good cab to go with Marshall MA50H try make it less than $300, it must be a 2x12 cab.. OR maybe Like $450/500 new and I'll try find a used one..

HELLO!

for $350, get an avatar 2x12
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
SCREW IT! I'm going for the Marshall MC212, if I don't like I'll just have to keep trying thanks for all your help guys !

Thread resolved !

HELLO!

you need more money dude. just save up a few hundred more dollars and get a nice cab. you won't like the marshall cab. don't just buy it because it says marshall. you can get the framus 2x12 for 275, which will blow the marshall cab out of the water. the harley benton cab is even cheaper than the marshall and will sound better because it has great speakers. why dont you just listen to what people have already told you

also chill out you dont need to rush an important purchase. why would you wan't to skimp on tone and get something you might not be happy with when you can make the best purchase in the first place?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Last edited by pmeg568c at Dec 23, 2009,
If you like the cheap shitty Marshall MA, try a Traynor YCV50 Blue or a Bugera 1990. Miles better.

Quote by pmeg568c
why dont you just listen to what people have already told you
also chill out you dont need to rush an important purchase. why would you wan't to skimp on tone and get something you might not be happy with when you can make the best purchase in the first place?

So he can proudly display his 'Marshall rig', I would guess? Everyone loves to indulge in the brand-name game
Last edited by kyle62 at Dec 23, 2009,
you can get a bugera 212 for 200$ then when money allows swap speakers.
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
Keep your eye on this one if you can stretch to £300 (and it remains unbidded on)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MARSHALL-4X12-GUITAR-CAB-SLIGHTLY-USED_W0QQitemZ230412780548QQ
i have a 1960A cabinet like that and it's a reliable, honest workhorse. You can always swap out two of the G127-75 speakers for a couple of vintage 30's later if you ever wanted to.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Fine if it makes you guys happy I'll check out the framus, sorry man it was late last night.. if you read the first post you'll have figured out im from britain and it was 2 in the morning..

HELLO!