Short and sweet; A few months ago I tried a Brian May signature guitar. Even without a treble booster or an AC30(It was running into a Hot Rod Deluxe), I loved the way it sounded. sadly though, as I discovered, the Burns Tri-Sonics are a bit too large for a regular strat. Disheartened, I spent a little bit searching for a "close second" of sorts in my attempts to find a set of replacement pickups for my MIM(Which still has stock pickups). Recently though, I saw an ad for these;

http://store.guitarfetish.com/brrovisppicl.html

I'm fairly excited about this, but before I jump on it I wanted to know two things;

1. Has anyone had experience with Guitar Fetish, and if so, how's the service/products?
2. What difference is there between the 6.5k set and the calibrated set?(I apologize if this seems like a stupid question, but I'm an idiot when it comes to wiring and electronics and all that, so while I know some, I'm not very keen on all of it)

As always, much appreciated UG.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
GFS makes some nice products. I have some of their humbuckers and they perform well. I can't really comment on the pick ups you linked to but if they are as good quality as the Humbuckers I got from they they should be great.

John
Alright then, good to know form someone I consider generally reliable around here that they make good products. Anyone else had experience? Also, anyone who can tell me the difference between the 6.5k and the calibrated sets?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
GFS is quite possibly the best resource for pickups. not ONCE have I seen someone disappointed with a GFS pickup. also, not sure if this still works, but entering **** ( The "F-word" in all caps!)as a coupon code used to garner a discount.
Quote by CoreysMonster
you know why rabbits are smarter than cows?

fucking cows start moo-ing around for no reason, but rabbits keep their mouth shut until they actually have something to say.

god I hate cows.
I've ordered many things from gfs, never once disappointed, go for it.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Does anyone have any experience with GFS pedals? I'm in the market for a cheap delay and tubescreamer-like pedal. And they are looking pretty tempting.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

I'm getting a crunchy or power rail bridge and Vintage '59 neck, they seem like quality products. When in doubt, youtube.
Quote by necrosis1193
Short and sweet; A few months ago I tried a Brian May signature guitar. Even without a treble booster or an AC30(It was running into a Hot Rod Deluxe), I loved the way it sounded. sadly though, as I discovered, the Burns Tri-Sonics are a bit too large for a regular strat. Disheartened, I spent a little bit searching for a "close second" of sorts in my attempts to find a set of replacement pickups for my MIM(Which still has stock pickups). Recently though, I saw an ad for these;

http://store.guitarfetish.com/brrovisppicl.html

I'm fairly excited about this, but before I jump on it I wanted to know two things;

1. Has anyone had experience with Guitar Fetish, and if so, how's the service/products?
2. What difference is there between the 6.5k set and the calibrated set?(I apologize if this seems like a stupid question, but I'm an idiot when it comes to wiring and electronics and all that, so while I know some, I'm not very keen on all of it)

As always, much appreciated UG.

I don't know these pickups but you can very easily modify a strat pickguard to fit any pickup
I've just ordered my delay, it sounds good on the clips, and all I've heard from them is good things. And yeah, check out Mikey's thread, he purchased 3 of them.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!