just about 2 hours ago i got a dunlop crybaby classic wah and im test running it so far i like it. i thought to myself i need a good pedal for playing metal like pantera, bring me the horizon and shit like that....there's so many pedal that i can think of but which ones can i get the pure metal sound from. suggestions. price range doesnt matter. thanks in advance...happy holidays.
one x_vox
I had a Digitech Metal Master in my younger days. It has all the distortion you could ever want and then some. They should have some at Guitar Center you can try for free. Beware, the sound can be a little trebly.
sorry...just the way you said "good metal like pantera and bring me the horizon" made me laugh that they are in the same sentence

Pantera = Awesomeness
Quote by britishsligean
mxr dimebag distortion

+1
I've never used it, but i would assume it would be good for a pantera tone
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
Boss DS-1 is pretty dece. Had a short time with the Boss MD-1, and that was a little too much for me. But great for teh major br00t4lz.
There are quite a few Boss pedals with distortion like Metalzone/metalcore/overdrive/distortion etc. + the mxr dimebag.
My name is Jack.
If you are looking for searing high-gain distortion, there are several to choose from. Boss has the Metal Zone and Metal Core. DigiTech has the Death Metal and the Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion. MXR just released the Fullbore Metal Distortion and it has received some good reviews. Blackstar's HT-DISTX high-gain distortion pedal is supposed to be outstanding. Krank has the Distortus Maximus.

People are going to tell you that all of these are terrible, while others will tell you that they are all great pedals, and everything in between. Since tone is a subjective thing (there is no doubt that all of these have tons of gain), you need to try as many as possible to decide for yourself which one(s) you like. The point is that if you are looking for a high-gain distortion pedal, you have a dizzying array of choices.

Happy hunting.
Quote by link no1
sorry...just the way you said "good metal like pantera and bring me the horizon" made me laugh that they are in the same sentence

Pantera = Awesomeness
dude, it was just a example of what kind of music i listen to....and if u wanna be technical my exact words were "i need a good pedal for playing metal like pantera, bring me the horizon and shit like that...."........dumb ass..
one x_vox
Quote by FatalGear41
Boss has the Metal Zone and Metal Core.
Don't leave out the ever-brütal Heavy Metal, it's important. It's the sound of Opeth's first two albums, and half of today's Scandinavian extreme metal bands.

Quote by one x
dude, it was just a example of what kind of music i listen to....and if u wanna be technical my exact words were "i need a good pedal for playing metal like pantera, bring me the horizon and shit like that...."........dumb ass..
Yes they were. It's funny because Pantera was thrash metal and Bring Me the Horizon is metal's effeminate cousin.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Last edited by Pretty. Odd. at Dec 23, 2009,
Quote by webwarmiller
I would recommend a Behringer Ultra Metal if you are looking for something that sounds pretty good for dirt cheap.......I was HIGHLY skeptical myself until I saw this youtube video of a blind test btw it and a Boss Metal Zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fD34Yy1wqw

It's about time someone else said something about The Tone King's videos besides me. This is actually from the 30 pedals in 30 days special he just got done with. You should be able to watch a lot of distortion pedal demos and shoot-outs through his youtube channel or by going directly to his website. He goes over the metal muff, the hardwire, the boss metal zone and metal core, the behringer, and the mxr. He covers the actual analog pedals themselves and the modeling pedals that are cheaper alternatives. You should really pay attention to the behringer line like this guy did because they have a wide variety for dirt cheap in comparison to brands like Boss for a metal sound. Good Luck!