Is the Schecter Extreme 4 Stiletto or the Fleabass Model 32 better? I'm looking to upgrade my bass but only have 400-500 to spend. Both of these are in that general range, but I heard mixed reviews about the Schecter, and the Fleabass seems to be pretty decent. Which would you buy?
I myself am a schecter man. I say go with the schecter, but really depends on what you play, and how each feels for you..
schecter = pwnage...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
The big thing about Schecter that some people seem to hate is their feel. The people that like the feel, will probably fall in love with the bass. People that don't, seem to despise it.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Quote by TheTortured
The big thing about Schecter that some people seem to hate is their feel. The people that like the feel, will probably fall in love with the bass. People that don't, seem to despise it.

This knows EXACTLY what he's talking about.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by TheTortured

I love my Schecter hellraiser more than my girlfriend...
I like their feel, [factory action could be like 10,000 times lower] their sound kinda bothered me a bit, but then again, I didn't have a ton of time to adjust to the sound I like before my friend moved away with his.. hahaha.

I think the Schecter will do you well.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
^ No, there is a short scale version though. It's meant to be a solid gig-worthy bass at low cost and Flea deserves some respect as he has used it on stage a few times.
I am one of those people who absolutely hate the feel of Schecter basses. They just feel so...meh idek how to describe it. Anyway I say look at Ibanez and you will thank yourself. Like Spazzy said the ATK's are good I recommend trying to find a used SR500 (a new one is like $550) or look at the SRX470 or the BTB300FM.

No offense to the Flea Bass either, I've never tried one personally and I imagine they play well but I still think you should shop around a wee bit more and Ibanez has always given me very solid products so I will continue to recommend them.