Page 1 of 2
I did about 1300 or so.

Probably about 3 1/2 - 4 hrs a day on average, how 'bout you?
Last edited by Tempoe at Dec 23, 2009,
Quote by Life Is Brutal
3 hours a day, so about 1500 or so.

Uh, son.

3h * 365 days =/= 1500h

+/- 400h for me.
My first lolstack
Quote by whitenihilist

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
2.5 hrs * 365 days = 912.5 hrs = 38.02 days
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Yeah about 1500 too....once summer hits though, oh
man I can't wait. I didn't have a guitar for a month and a half last summer. I was freakin out
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
On average I did about 2-3 hours a day, so 730-1095 or so.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Well a couple for like most of the year I did like like 4 hours a day and now that wrestling has started the past two months I've only been able to get in like one hour a day so um
304x4=1216 and 61x1=61 so an estimated total for me is 1277 hours. yah I know that was kinda exact to be an estimation but calculators made this possible.
Probably only about 45 minutes to an hour a day, so somewhere in the ballpark of 300 hours.
Nikolas
300-350 hours?

It's my first year. It's been a good one.
On another note, I've only really noticed my progress when I changed picks, from 0.60 mm to 0.8.
Quote by Kumanji
The only thing that matters in music these days is money - genuinely talented artists are passed over entirely or corraled into making non-offensive, non-threatening average music that sells.
Let's see...during school, I do about 1.5-2 hours. On weekends and breaks, about 6 hours or more. So somewhere around.... 1200-1400. It's my first year on Christmas, but I've made crazy progress.
365 hours.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
708 hours and 22 minutes. I log my practice in a journal, so I can tell you exactly, haha. That's actual time spent physically practicing, it doesn't include breaks or anything.
Probably about 800.
Went through a phase where i played less than an hour a day, but the 4-5 hour days make up for it. Although my first year of guitar doesnt end till the 26th of January, and im on holidays now, so i'll possibly get near to 1000.
Quote by se012101
708 hours and 22 minutes. I log my practice in a journal, so I can tell you exactly, haha. That's actual time spent physically practicing, it doesn't include breaks or anything.

That's a good idea. They should make some gadget that you stick on your guitar and it keeps track for you.
^It's a pretty good motivational device and helps keep you on track with goals. The practice log is just for what I work on - each thing I play, start time, end time, min tempo, max tempo, some brief notes if I have anything to say about it. I have another journal I keep for thoughts and goals and such. Everytime I hit an even hundred hours, I'll hit the journal (not the practice log one the other) and set some goals for the next hundred hours, and reflect on how the previous hundred hours goals went. It's cool to go back a hundred hours in the practice log and see what I was up to. Almost always I'll have come further than I realized.
3-4 hrs a day so 1095 to 1460 in a year. Took a whole year to create 4 songs duh!

I'm a slow learner.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
around 1825 hours

about 5 hours a day. it widely varies during the school year but i would say about 3 hours a day. during the summer about 7-9 hours. about 6 on weekends.
This is my 7th year playing... Haven't played much at all this year. Maybe 100 hours, if that.
2 hours a day school day, 5 average over the summer and weekends and breaks so probably somewhere in the 1000-1200 range
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,
Maybe 300 or so of practice. Not a ton. What's really important is that I spent maybe 80 hours on stage.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
at least 2 hours a day with the occasional no play day, or somedays i just jam all day so id say about 1000 hours-ish
averaging 10-14 hours a day.......when my school was running......wound the business up last week.

therefore 3650-5110 hours last year as a average
about an hour a day when I'm not in school, maybe an hour a week when I am. So maybe 50 hours this year. Not enough
E-Father to itorch, Andrea55, guitarxo and BlessedRebel15
E-Grandpa to Basti95, davrockist, KitKat555, Mark Roxx, Renegade_Lobo
E-Bro to slash_GNR666
I blog...

Quote by Andrea55

I play like 5-6 hours every school day, and like 10 hours a day on weekends. I roughly guess around 2500 hours.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Hmm, I try to get 3-4 hrs of practice a day... add to that the 18 hours of guitar I get in school each week... give or take 1800-2200'ish... Shees I need a new hobby :P
900-1000 hours

I try to play at least 2 hours a day, but some days I don't get the chance. Some days it's all I do, all day.
Setup:
Ibanez GRG170DX
- D'Addario 9s
Squier Stratocaster
- D'Addario 11s
Kona Cutaway Acoustic
- D'Addario 12s
Kona K35 Amp
Rocktron Metal Planet Distortion Pedal
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
I couldn't really tell you, I don't even pay attention to how many hours I play anymore. I play to have fun and to get better, that's about it. Some days it'll be hours stacked upon hours, and then there's those very few days where I don't even feel like playing at all. I don't make a big deal of it like I used to.

I guess about a year ago when I started it was around... eh... 4 to 7 hours a day.
Last edited by Dregen at Dec 25, 2009,
Wow,
how do you guys manage to play so much? On a day where I've played two hours I feel like I've practiced plenty...

Maybe it's that I have an acoustic and I don't waste half my time tweaking with knobs?
Quote by Kumanji
The only thing that matters in music these days is money - genuinely talented artists are passed over entirely or corraled into making non-offensive, non-threatening average music that sells.
Too many...

3 hours a day, every day...that's quite a lot.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by zomghax
Wow,
how do you guys manage to play so much? On a day where I've played two hours I feel like I've practiced plenty...

Maybe it's that I have an acoustic and I don't waste half my time tweaking with knobs?

Nah, I have an acoustic and I still play about that much

Plus, my amp for my electric doesn't really have a whole lot of fancy pedals with it so pretty much the only choice I have is clean or high gain distortion. No eq'ing or any of that extra crap, just plug in and play.
Last edited by Dregen at Dec 25, 2009,
About 3 hours a day so 1095 hours or 65700 minutes or even 3,942,000 seconds.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Page 1 of 2