Ok, first off i searched the forums and found some info about what to do about the problem but no one sounded very certain about their answer... so let me tell you My Problem...

I've Always Admired semi hollow Bodies, i just like their Classic flare .... i've played them in guitar stores sooo many times .... I Crank the Gain and no problem no feedback or anything ... Well the other day i saw this Semi Hollow Body guitar from across the guitar store .... It was an Alley Kat TB an epiphone.... Grey with the Flame maple top ... it was the one i'd always been looking for ... and i didn't even know it was what i was looking for .... i picked it up ... i plugged it in ... i played away .... it was great. i went back later that week and decided to buy it ... i got it home ... Plugged it into my amp (you might think it sad but i use a DigiTech Grunge Petal... its got a nice dirt grind that i like) and feed back start ... putting you hands on the strings didn't help ... at all just a clean non stop WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... i hear putting a shirt inside of the F holes help ... anyone have anything they've tried before that worked for them.... My Normal Solid body is a Jag-stang ... i know you thinking "oh this guy has a grunge issue" well your probably right .... but my X bought me the guitar ... and after not playing it for like 2 years i started messing with it ... and i gotta say ... that thing sings. anyway ...Feedback ..save me
Originally posted by adVENTURA
if your in a punk band just do like Lars and Tim in rancid and scream like you got marbles in your mouth.

Check out my Music Here
stand further away from the amp?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
The best things you can do are to stand facing away from your amplifier and use a noise gate. These will go a long way toward cutting down feedback. Feedback is an inherent problem with semi-hollow and hollow bodied guitars. My hollow body Ibanez AF95 will feed back like a son of a bitch if I'm not careful. Semi-hollow guitars aren't as bad, but the problem persists. That's why B.B. King insisted on doing away with the F-holes on his signature Gibson ES-355.

Some jazz guitarists (i.e., George Benson) put tape over the F-holes. It will probably stop the feedback, but it will seriously screw up your guitar's finish.
maybe its just the pedal and your amp?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
maybe its just the pedal and your amp?

Well the petal i don't think so .. when it did what it did .... i turned off the petal and turned on the Distortion Channel on the amp and it did the same thing .....so ... i could be the AMP.... i can walk out of the room with the guitar and it'll stop ...

i think i'm going to jam a Shirt in the F Hole .... maybe if i jam a metallica shirt in their it'll make me play faster ... just a thought
if your in a punk band just do like Lars and Tim in rancid and scream like you got marbles in your mouth.

Check out my Music Here
you think if i put a sweater in their it would give me a warmer tone .....lol ... get it? ...

Check out my Music Here
Is this just a problem when using the pedal?

I get this sort of problem if I have my old PC on in the same room!
Last edited by boxman2000 at Dec 24, 2009,
I thought the Alleykats were fully hollow, not semi hollow. That might be your problem.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Well the petal makes it whine ... if i turn the amp distortion on .. it whines also ... i carried my amp in the living room ... stood about 10 yards away and it didn't even Nearly quit whining... so i cut a shirt in half and jammed half a shirt in each F Hole .... and it didn't affect it at all .... i'll tell you what tho ... this thing would be great to carry around for an Open Mic Night Guitar lol its got Perfect Cleans ... really bothers me tho that i can't sling it into Distortion... i guess i'll have to take it back and get store Credit .... woah is me... oh and its a semi .. a discontinued model too .... i really would have loved to keep it

Check out my Music Here