Hey all, I'm a 19 year old student (that means on a BUDGET) I know that on these forums there can be some people saying AC30 or bust, well I have a 200 or so dollar limit. So no AC30s for me.

I just bought a MIM strat, and may upgrade pickups and whatnot, but before I do that, I need an amp. I prefer used, since it's cheaper and I've found three decent ones:

Marshall MGDFX 100 12" speaker 100 Watts $300.00

Vox AD30VT 10" speaker 30 Watts $175.00

Epiphone Triggerman 60 watts $175.00

I may or may not be able to bargain with these guys, especially on the Marshall which I think is overpriced.

Do you have any other recommendations for amps, I'm also looking at new Fender Vibrochamp tube amps and Marshall mgdfx 30s.

Help a starving artist out and recommend solid cheap gear?
Get a Fender Twin 100 watt......used will go for about 600 probably but well worth it
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
By the way, effects are of decent concern, though not necessary. I'm a pretty big delay guy, and I can't borrow my friend's DD3 forever. I'm heavily blues/classic rock inspired and trained, but I also play newer sounding stuff from U2 to Foo Fighters to Explosions in the Sky, so versatility is key.

Of those three amps, which do you all recommend (or others)?
What are you playing? I would rec the vox out of those

EDIT: Yah, try the vox
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
From those three the vox, unless you can get the Marshall down to 200-250. At 300 it is a bit overpriced
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Quote by gatechballer
Get a Fender Twin 100 watt......used will go for about 600 probably but well worth it

Key word in OP was "budget". Don't go suggesting things he can't afford.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

EDIT: I will more than likely play this at a few gigs and need something to keep up with a drummer and the other guitarist's Vox ADVT100. I do like the VOX a lot, since my friend has one, I am pretty used to it. And I've played the Marshall before, just never tried the DFX, so I'm not sure there. And I have never even tried a triggerman, so I wanted to know your alls input.

Assuming I can get the Marshall down to 225, which would you all say then?
Quote by AlisterD
EDIT: I will more than likely play this at a few gigs and need something to keep up with a drummer and the other guitarist's Vox ADVT100. I do like the VOX a lot, since my friend has one, I am pretty used to it. And I've played the Marshall before, just never tried the DFX, so I'm not sure there. And I have never even tried a triggerman, so I wanted to know your alls input.

Assuming I can get the Marshall down to 225, which would you all say then?

No. The MG is an awful series, it's really bad. Don't get it.

On your budget, get the Vox.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Also, I'm thinking of getting a Boss DS-1 to get nice crunches and higher distortion, if that'll factor in. So far I haven't heard anything about the triggerman, and there's only ONE demo video anywhere online, any opinions on it?

Also, what do you all think of the Fender Vibro Champ 5watt class A tube? It's 189$ new, does it beat these babies?
If you can stretch the super champ is great, some nice effects as well.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
depending on where you are from, ive got 2 amps ill sell... VOX AD30VT-$150 or a Fender Super Champ XD-$225. pm me if interested.. nothing wrong with them i just wanna upgrade
Squier Classic Vibe 60's Stratocaster - Candy Apple Red
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top
-SD pickups
Boss OS-2
Boss RC-2
Way Huge Pork Loin
Vox AC4TVH and Cab
Fender Super Champ XD
Yeah, I played the Super Champ and it's lovely, I wish I could get one, on that note, Cheap I PM'd you.

As a versatile amp how do you think the AD30VT would do as a stage/recording amp. I plan on doing a lot of solo work, layering 2 or 3 electric tracks and a few acoustic and would mic or DI the amp.

How would the Vox perform with that?